Random Mocks

14 Likes

It looks a little off because the dots don’t line up with the baseline of the USH text.

3 Likes

Apologies for the typo on that - the 45th was a Tuesday. It’s tough to keep up with dates right now.

7 Likes

Didn’t someone post here the link to download the ABC fonts (from the ABC website)? (I think it was a few months ago.)

2 Likes

A continuation of my 7 Network Moc which included a new corporate logo, and following the discussions in the Prime 7 News threads. Took me about 20 minutes all up showing there is no excuse for Prime 7 News having such yucky lower thirds.

22 Likes

Useful stuff for mocks & Useful stuff for mocks ABC Fonts Posted by @marquisite & @the_xrod

2 Likes

I think the text in the supers should be solid and not fade out for readability. But clean and simple looks fantastic!

I’d be interested to see you create a new Prime7 Local News logo to match it.

2 Likes

@Zacgb looks cool!

I think the white bar is too big and thick. Something odd about the font too. And the heavy black don’t.

I’d like to see you attempt something like this. Logos on the right with social media handles or weather flipper and the website promoted. And in thinner white boxes with prime colors red / white.

5 Likes

Fantastic.

2 Likes

Heavens above.

3 Likes

I miss the good old days, when mocks served a purpose and weren’t just shoving text on an old ident or shoving an old logo on a graphics package or, most weirdly, shoving text on an old logo.

29 Likes

Agreed. Random mocks doesn’t imply slapping random text old old graphics.

It’s about cultivating new ideas and thoughts of branding.

18 Likes

I don’t know about you, but today I learned there’s a place called Minj that’s in a very different place to where I thought it was.

1 Like

It’s better than what they’ve got now. Only a couple days and their current already looks extremely dated

1 Like

This is ABC News Overnight, brought to you by Coca-Cola.

7 Likes

@LLZ

I think I speak for us all here when I say :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Sorry to be harsh but that isn’t really a mock. More like words tacked over a backdrop.

14 Likes

Coca-Cola, as easy as ABC!

The slogan writes itself.

Also if we’re to indulge this idea with any seriousness, maybe use a current photo of William Street?

5 Likes

decided to quickly play around with this idea myself, with the ABC logo

31 Likes

I literally have no clue how to make a decent mock…but I’ll figure it out one day

1 Like