Radio Stations - Music Logs

Yeah, that’s definitely an ordinary playlist! I would have just given up on doing the music log and switched stations, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Sunsets” is an interesting choice of song. If the station wanted to play a Powderfinger song, i’m surprised that they didn’t go with “My Happiness” or “Baby I’ve Got You (On My Mind)” instead!

2 Likes

Amazingly, i’ve still got the station on right now! I was actually getting irritated near the end, so I put on some decent music on YouTube, pausing when another song came on the radio and noted it down! Thankfully did not miss any songs.

Sunsets is a very Triple M song, have heard it a few times on MMM Melbourne. Was quite pleased to hear it again, always takes me back to the mid 2000s! It probably wouldn’t be played on regional MMM up here though, the playlist is quite poor and bland.

I’ll see whether I can get a log of MMM Goulburn Valley before I go back to Melbourne on Sunday.

2 Likes

I agree, it’s a shocker.
This is why I pull my business add off the radio when ACE took over.
They will not listen to anyone’s feedback. All I got told is their so called programmers have done their research and they said this is the music that everyone wants to listen too :joy:

4 Likes

Comparing the Sydney Hot AC stations today: 2Day/KIIS/Nova

2Day FM 104.1, Sydney
'More Music, More Variety’

21st January 2019
10:00am-11:00am (AEDT)

10:00 One More Time- Daft Punk
10:04 Tequila- Dan + Shay
10:07 Waiting For Tonight- Jennifer Lopez
10:11 Hey Brother- Avicii
10:15 I’ll Be Your Shelter- Taylor Dayne
10:18 Miss California- Dante Thomas
10:21 Promises- Calvin Harris
10:25 Mr Jones- Counting Crows
10:29 Dj Got Us Fallin In Love- Usher
10:33 Another Day In Paradise- Phil Collins
10:37 Fighter- Christina Aguilera
10:41 Rise- Jonas Blue
10:45 Zombie- The Cranberries
10:48 Marry You- Bruno Mars
10:52 Flashdance- Irene Cara
10:56 Signs- Snoop Dogg
11:02 Shotgun- George Ezra

KIIS 1065, Sydney
'Sydney’s #1 Hit Music Station’

21st January 2019

10:04 Nothing Breaks Like A Heart- Mark Ronson
10:09 Team- Lorde
10:13 Body- Loud Luxury
10:15 Ocean- Martin Garrix
10:19 Oops!.. I Did It Again- Britney Spears
10:23 The Rhythm Of The Night- Corona
10:26 Bad Liar- Imagine Dragons
10:31 One Last Time- Ariana Grande
10:34 Rewrite The Stars- James Arthur
10:37 Better Now- Post Malone
10:41 Need You Now- Lady Antebellum
10:44 Without Me- Halsey
10:47 Remind Me To Forget- Kygo
10:50 U & Ur Hand- Pink
10:54 Dancing With A Stranger- Sam Smith
10:56 One Kiss- Calvin Harris

Nova 96.9, Sydney
'The Greatest Hits Workday’

21st January 2019

10:01 The Greatest Show- Panic! At The Disco
10:04 Everybody (Backstreets Back)- Backstreet Boys
10:08 Only Girl (In The World)- Rihanna
10:11 Body- Loud Luxury
10:13 Just Dance- Lady Gaga
10:17 Finesse- Bruno Mars
10:20 Before I Go- Guy Sebastian
10:23 Pump It- Black Eyed Peas
10:27 Closer- The Chainsmokers
10:31 Love Someone- Lukas Graham
10:35 Dynamite- Taio Cruz
10:39 Born To Be Yours- Kygo
10:42 Never Forget You- Zara Larsson
10:46 Sunflower- Post Malone
10:48 Toxic- Britney Spears
10:52 Ocean- Martin Garrix
10:56 One Kiss- Calvin Harris

Few Observations: One Kiss was played at around a similar time on KIIS as it was on Nova, same goes for Loud Luxury’s Body. Nonetheless, any thoughts?

2 Likes

This is a format that some of the regional Hit FM stations should be looking at.

1 Like

I talked about this in the Nova thread late last week and this is a continuation of this. What’s worse, Fitzy and Wippa also played both those songs between 6am and 7am this morning. :weary:

They’re playing music from six months ago. The Edge has about twenty new songs that they’ve been playing in the past two weeks. I think Nova plays about three of them and will probably be playing half a dozen more in about three months time.

They’re no longer the place where new music breaks. They will only play new music from tried and tested artists like Sam Smith and Ariana Grande. They won’t play anything that’s a bit different like David Guetta/Bebe Rexha, DJ Snake and Rufus Du Sol.

Absolutely! Especially with all the talk and sport on Triple M

2 Likes

I know right

Exactly, it’s so frustrating, almost as frustrating as these comments:

That is simply an excuse radio execs make up so they can play ‘Greatest Hits’ or ‘Old School Anthems’, we don’t want that… and I was only using the Top 40 as a generalisation. What I really mean is, cut out the constant repetition of Old School and Greatest Hits, and replace those songs with the Top 80 on the ARIA chart or something like that. Because currently only half or less than half of those Top 80 songs are getting played because the other half aren’t from ‘mainstream artists’!

That’s during the day though. Nova in particular play a lot more new music at night. Of the three Nova is still the most CHR.

Try Triple J, Triple J Unearthed or The Edge. These are options on FM/DAB. There are other community DAB options as well in the capitals

Or the internet, which is where a lot of older listeners are forced to go to find their music.

I still think even if they played all songs on the ARIA top 80 it would still be stagnant, at least compared to decades gone by.

1 Like

None more stagnant than 2014,15,16,17…

Why, because they play the Aria Top 80?? Doubt it

But it is now because they play the top 50 from six months ago and 12 months ago and 18 months ago to up to 20 years ago.

The biggest problem is the limited playlist on high rotation. No matter if it was fresh hits or mouldy oldies from 30 years ago, they play them to death. They need a wider playlist.

3 Likes

That 2DAY FM playlist isn’t half bad :+1: certainly some unflogged stuff on there.

2 Likes

My highlight there was Phil Collins, Another Day In Paradise. I Love that song :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s WSFM’s playlist during that same hour, thanks to Radio Volna.

101.7 WSFM, Sydney
“Better Music & More of It”
Monday 21st January 2019
10-11am AEDT

“Electric Blue” Icehouse
“Fields of Gold” Sting
“Pleasure & Pain” Divinyls
“Better Be Home Soon” Crowded House
“Somebody That I Used To Know” Gotye feat. Kimbra
“My Life” Billy Joel
“I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” U2
“Bitter Sweet Symphony” The Verve
“Hold Me Now” Thompson Twins
“St Elmos Fire” John Parr
“Tragedy” Bee Gees
“Downhearted” Australian Crawl

Yeah I agree. I prefer the 2day list personally

Not really loving the WS playlist apart from Tragedy and Downhearted. You hear the others all the time, especially that U2 song - instant station changer

1 Like

Here is log from using the DAB software when tuning into 2CH. Again sorry for the caps.

SAMANTHA SANG - EMOTION
SERGIO MENDES - MAIS QUE NADA
STEVIE WONDER - LATELY
DOLLY PARTON - HERE YOU COME AGAIN
BEACH BOYS - GOOD VIBRATIONS
TINA ARENA - WASN’T IT GOOD
OSMOSIS - SHE (DIDN’T REMEMBER MY NAME)
B J THOMAS - HOOKED ON A FEELING
ROBERTA FLACK - KILLING ME SOFTLY WITH HIS SONG
PHIL COLLINS - YOU CAN’T HURRY LOVE
MAMAS & PAPAS - I SAW HER AGAIN
CAROLE KING - IT’S TOO LATE
SAM COOKE - YOU SEND ME
LITTLE RIVER BAND - THE OTHER GUY
ROD STEWART - YOU’RE IN MY HEART
DUSTY SPRINGFIELD - IF YOU GO AWAY
JIM CROCE - I GOT A NAME
FOUR TOPS - BABY I NEED YOUR LOVING
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN - HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN MELLOW

3 Likes

Can’t seem to access this website today. Have they been forced to shut down too?

Not a bad playlist actually. There’s a bit of a differential with Smooth, particularly lately as Smooth seems to be trending a little younger and sounding a bit bland to me.

If only 4BH would adopt a format like this it would work!! Memo to Macquarie!