Nova Network

What Nova needs to do is to Launch an Alternative Rock Station Playing Modern And Alternative Rock Music From the 2000’s Onwards, Like the Idea???

1 Like

I said earlier that Nova needs to go back to its semi alternate roots again.

2 Likes

Putting all these old songs on high rotation is really doing my head in.
It’s fine to have a Greatest Hits Work Day between Breakfast and Drive but it really is not okay to play these same tracks between 6am and 7pm.

I’ve heard these same songs almost every day in the past week:
Wiz Khalifa / Charlie Puth - See You Again
Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Justin Bieber-What Do You Mean?
Lorde - Royals
Avicii - Wake Me Up
Bruno Mars-Locked Out of Heaven
Justin Bieber-Sorry
Sia - Elastic Heart
Christina Aguilera - Fighter
Rihanna - Only Girl (In the World)
Ed Sheeran-Thinking Out Loud
Rihanna - Diamonds
Nelly - Just a Dream
Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
Outkast - Hey Ya!
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Dante Thomas - Miss California
Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble

1 Like

Seriously, Nova Alternative Rock Digital Station.

Just listening to The Edge more these days.

Sick of hearing Nova trying to sound like KIIS while KIIS is trying to sound like Smooth and 2Day is trying to sound like 2WS. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Well, I’m crying too @TheStyles83.

The fact is, all three former CHR stations (Nova, KIIS & 2Day) are retarded now…And I don’t mean that in an offensive way. In the true sense of the word, where they’re stuck on playing old music on high rotation and nowhere near enough new music.

Their “Most Played” lists contain very few new songs. They contain songs that were released six months ago and were at the top of the charts months ago and we are sick of hearing. Or songs from years ago that have been overplayed and we are sick of hearing.

If you like a new song just released now you might catch it a few times at night and then you’ll have to wait six months or years before you hear it on high rotation. Sad.

1 Like

Did you hear the debate on pill testing with Fitzy and Wippa this morning @JBar? I didn’t listen but it’s all over news.com.au

Yes I did. They interviewed the Premier, Gladys Berejiklian and after all the niceties, Fitzy went in hard over pill testing at music festivals.

He tackled her over the stand on not allowing it. He’s done this before too with the lock out laws with this Premier and the previous one.

Good. Exactly how those interviews should be done, just because your audience isn’t the same as 2GB’s doesn’t mean you should go easy on them

7 Likes

Michala Banas filled in for Chrissie Swan on Chrissie, Sam and Browny this morning

3 Likes

What role did she play? Lead comedienne? Shared own stories? Quiet with occasional female laugh? Something else?

In Brisbane, there seems to be a preoccupation with what schools Brisbane raised locals attended.

To perpetuate this, you can view the Nova team pictured here. They went to private schools and for the most part, the top line ones:

https://radioinfo.com.au/news/back-work-and-back-school-nova-1069

In a clockwise order, Luttsy went to Nudgee (in blue), Ash to TSS, Susie to All Hallows’, Nick to Terrace and Mitch Lewis, unsure.

I wonder how long this will last? With MDG and Sarah doing six days a week now… Maybe it will become national? 6-8am is different… wouldn’t 7-9am be more reasonable on MDG and Sarah??

2 Likes

Probably pre-recorded content. They may do it Friday morning after the breakfast shift.

Also, Sarah will go on maternity leave in a couple of months so they will need a replacement for both shows.

1 Like

How many children will she have had by then?

This is her second.

1 Like

Thanks @JBar, certainly recall Sarah had been on maternity leave before.

1 Like

SUSIE O’NEILL TAKES A SPIN AT NOVA 106.9

Susie O’Neill has finally succumbed to the lure of the studio and joined the Nova 106.9 breakfast team full-time in 2019.

Susie took up breakfast broadcasting with the Nova team in 2015 but until now has resisted Ash, Kip & Luttsy’s lobbying for her to embrace the five-day work-week.

The early starts aren’t an issue for this Olympic legend but working five days a week is a first for the swimming superstar.

"This is the first time I’ve ever had a full-time job!" Susie declared on air.

"Full-time?" Luttsy questioned…

"Well…working five days a week," Susie replied.

"I don’t want to offend people who actually work full time."

The Nova Brisbane breakfast team celebrated Susie’s first full-time gig by strapping her to a human-sized lazy Susan.

The contraption was built for a Chinese New Year competition where listeners could spin Susie to win the chance to join them at a Chinese New Year dinner.

The Lazy Susan was then taken to the dinner where Susie was strapped in and spun to discover which of the five listeners would walk away with a $10,000 travel voucher.

After a solid spin, Susie landed on the edge of Spin Again/ Number 5, which saw listeners John and Sarah win the Eva Air sponsored $10,000 travel voucher.

1 Like

I know it has been said before, but whoever is scheduling the music for Nova106.9 needs to be Head of Music across the Nova Network.

If Sydney had the same playlist as Brisbane they’d be KILLING it!

They still run with “Greatest Hits” however this is still a rather layed back approach to it. Nova Brisbane still sounds a little like the old “sounds different” era… and less Hit/KIIS Network like their Sydney station.

3 Likes

Yeah, Nova in Sydney has really lost the plot this year. It’s like they’ve become the 2WS for 90s & 00s music. So sick of hearing the same songs on high rotation by Beyonce, Justin Timberlake. Pink, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran.

I’ve never listened to The Edge and Triple J as much as I have this year.

2 Likes