Radio Data System (RDS)

According to 'soundsdifferent’s post 2 days ago (8 posts above), both Hit and MMM Bendigo get RDS with song info.

1 Like

kicks self I don’t have any RDS info on my end, must be too much of a weak signal for it to decode.

Hopefully that means Cairncross (100.7 & 102.3) will be updated shortly.

I’ll check again next weekend.

The RDS on 102.3 HIT FM Port Macquarie has now been changed.
Still no change on 100.7 (still says 2MC100.7)

2 Likes

Conditions south have been better of late.

Amusing positioner of ‘more x, more x, more x’ - insert some promotional guff where x is, I forget.

More music, More memories, More Often.

Its was all I could put in the RT!@… I am going to get track titles on their RDS sometime in the next year.

2 Likes

2GO’s ‘Now Playing’ text has been stuck on “Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran” since Thursday night.

2 Likes

Breeze 92 has been stuck on Michael Buble - How Do You Mend A Broken Heart for days as well.

1 Like

It’s fixed now!

''Tis the season for RDS troubles…

There’s been no Song info on Triple M Sydney tonight.

Just the static scrolllimg text about “Triple M rocks Test cricket” and “Triple M’s Classic Rock Summer”.

It’s a similar story on digital radio too.

Does anyone know if Hit 93.1 Wagga Wagga is running RDS? I managed to get a 2 bar signal out of them today, but no dice.

Triple M are now putting the cricket score on their RDS on FM and DAB+

2 Likes

It’s also available on regional stations taking the cricket. (At least in my area)

1 Like

A summer RDS anecdote: A warm day in Brisbane with my car parked in the sun. Turn on the car and the climate control immediately kicks in blasting air at maximum speed into the cabin. My passenger (no relation) notices this and then asks what the display on the centre screen means. It says Breeze92 :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Lol!

“It’s getting cold in here! Could you turn The Breeze down a bit? Say make it Breeze50?”

You could then change the station to Hot91 to confuse him/her even more!

3 Likes

I thought of switching to iHeart radio as well and tuning in Warm98 or Kool106.

1 Like

No they don’t, but you should be able to RDS Hit104.9 from the southern suburbs or up in the hills

They didn’t think of this themselves? Lack of planning evident.

Works great for FM Triple M stations, too bad if you’re listening via 4GR, 2RG, 2WG, 5SE and all the ex Radio West AMs. To hear Triple M with AM static, always a laugh at the foolishness of the idea.

Chilli FM on 7SD AM 540 was a good warm up to what is a total laugh.

Don’t you mean LAFM?

Yeah, Chilli FM is on 99.7 in Scotto.