Radio Data System (RDS)

Can someone post the link to that again please? I seemed to have lost it off my favourites.

You can always easily see it in the popular links in the first post in this topic.

http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_RDS-enabled_radio_stations_in_Australia

1 Like

The Google Sheets link is right at the very top of this RDS forum
under ‘Popular Links’.

Updated today.

2 Likes

Thank you gentlemen :grin::+1:

And now C91.3FM have reactivated Song/Artist RT info.
But because I’ve made this post, they’ll probably switch it back off again (re postings 4 days ago) - lol

1 Like

I imagine they were testing… Hopefully it stays switched on now.

1 Like

Think they still have some issues. After my post they went to commercials & then song, but the Song Title/Artist RT info remained blank until right at end of song.

C91-3_RDS_RT_Song201904

1 Like

Getting C91.3 well enough tonight to see that Song info RDS is working again.

1 Like

Was some initial teething problems, but seams to be working reasonably well from the past several checks.

1 Like

Surprised to see RDS on the 80 watt, 101.5fm Triple M Augusta. 1 of only 2 FM transmitters in Triple Ms WA network.

RDS, but no stereo. Not even a stereo carrier. Cant tell on the deck in the Toyota as it has no stereo indicator but I have recieved this station at my home 100km north, on the SDR. Nothing there either.

Gets out well, this station. Pick up in the Bush 40km out of town, with no sign of the ABC stations at the same site.

4 Likes

What’s the other FM transmitter?

BTW is the Triple M WA programming feed from Bunbury like the HOT-FM WA once was?

For the moment I can’t think of another Australian FM RDS transmission (station) that wasn’t in stereo (ie also transmitting a stereo pilot carrier). All the other Aussie RDS FM transmissions that I can recall are all in stereo. A great observation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What about 2Oceans FM on 97.1?

You should try some AM DX down that way. Africa would be possible especially on sunrise; the best frequencies to try would be 909 (Voice of America, Botswana) and 1377 (Radio Free Africa, Tanzania). 567 Cape Town (Cape Talk) may also be possible.

2 Likes

There are 3 licensed FM transmitters for Triple M regional in WA that I can think of

101.5 6TZ Augusta
101.3 6BY Nannup
103.1 6AM Wongan Hills

Though I don’t know if either of the last two are on air or not.

2 Likes

101.3FM Nannup, from memory. 10 watts. Never copied this station though.

As for programming, breakfast / mornings is unique local programming on each Triple M station. Mostly music from what I’ve heard though. Then networked from Bunbury in the arvo and the usual Triple M over night shows from the east coast.

The between track sweepers on 101.5fm ID the station as ‘The southwest’s 756, Triple M’. Obviously sharing 756 Busseltons feed, satellite presumably. > Blockquote

97.1, slightly weaker then Triple M, but still listenable. In fact, 2oceans and Triple M are the only 2 Augusta stations have logged back at home in Bunbury.

The southwest corner would be a top AM DX spot. Low noise and lots of free channels. > Blockquote

3 Likes

Is the tx for this service at/near Margaret River? We were trying to hear it from Cooma, to no avail (963 is also too tough due to co channels). We did log 1152 NewsRadio, though.

Way off topic, but does Manjimup have an RN service? 1152 used to broadcast RN from there before the frequency was surrendered to NewsRadio.

1 Like

The Triple M Busselton transmitter is about 17kms north of Margaret River. That one can be heard quite well along the Perth coastal fringe due to a water path most of the way.

3 Likes

StreetView has a good view of it.

3 Likes

RN used to be 1224 at Busselton, but moved to 1269 to accommodate News on 1152.

Manjimup only has Local Radio on 738, but no local RN.

1 Like

Solus market, middle of nowhere, running it over spec. Wouldn’t be the first time.

That would require a budget to deliver that and I’m sure they don’t.

So that’s what wrecks the once clear 738 for ABC North Coast

1 Like

I think 738 in Manjimup (6MJ) has been there a while… it’s not a new listing.

1 Like