Radio Data System (RDS)

Same on my Ford Focus.

1 Like

As does mine - frequency disappears and is replaced with the station name.

Question - if a station has a network of stations and wants to implement AF, do they all have to have the same PS? Or could they be different.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% on this, but I thought it was the PI code that (was utilised) had to be identical for the AF switching to same program. Someone more knowledgeable than myself might like to confirm this.

1 Like

Come to think of it, so does my Sangean DPR-45- not that I use it much on FM.

Nevertheless, the listener must still tune the frequency in the first place and the average punter doesn’t really care about it so long as the station can be found. Most modern vehicles use autoseek (and presets) as the default tuning mechanism; I had to go out of my way to tune manually on the Toyota Corolla I rented in New Zealand recently.

I take your point about AF though and in this special case, the frequency may be desirable.

1 Like

Perhaps they’re using the same PI code?

You are correct.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Radio

KIIS really need to fix their RDS. It’s been off for at least a week.

3 Likes

Oh yes…
That’s not good. They also provide traffic updates for sat navs via their RDS.
You might like to give them a ph call & find out what’s up.

1 Like

Ah that probably explains the issue I had on Saturday on the car radio up here near Newcastle.

Rhema FM Taree (also on 106.5) was causing interference to it at times, and even when KIIS seemed to be clear, there was still no RDS.

1 Like

KIIS FM Sydney have reactivated their RDS sometime either this afternoon or early evening.

1 Like

ABC Classic FM Canberra (102.3) song title been stuck for many days - not updating

1 Like

They changed TX sites, issue with RDS at Gore Hill I think?

2 Likes

No RDS on 2GO at the moment.
I’m pretty sure it was on yesterday though.

Back in operation now :slight_smile:

1 Like

C91.3 has now added Song Title & Artist info to their RDS RT.

1 Like

…and now they’ve switched it off again.

Last year, I’m pretty sure Triple M Sydney usually had the NRL score on its RDS display during live calls.

Though it’s not on right for the Cowboys vs Raiders game at the moment.

But I have wondered if other Triple M metro stations have ever put AFL or NRL scores up on RDS during live coverage?

3MMM doesn’t appear to be, just ‘Triple M Rocks Footy’ and ‘GWS v Richmond’ (at least during the half time break)

1 Like

Some updates to the RT of 107.7 2GGO & 96.1 2ONE in the Australian RDS List.

1 Like