Radio Data System (RDS)

Does C91.3 and i98 have dedicated radio engineering/IT staff or are they using overworked TV techs from WIN?

The RDS temperature for both Sea and Mix on the Sunshine Coast is playing up

3 Likes

Some very minor updates to the RDS on the Goulburn Valley SCA stations;

Previously
Triple M
hit96.9

Currently
MMM95.3
Hit96.9

The additional text seems to decode a bit quicker too (could just be me though) - but unfortunately still no song info. Track titles/artists load up when listening online, so they obviously have some sort of infrastructure in place. :thinking:

1 Like

RDS on Breeze 92.1 is stuck on George Harrison - Got My Mind Set on You

2 Likes

Gold Coast stations running RDS have been show 4 deg for temp for a few weeks now, interstate, so unsure if fixed.

It’s the Sunny Coast pair of Mix and Sea. The temp shown has variously been 4, 6 and at the moment it’s a chilly 3!

1 Like

Question to the SEQers here, does the 95.5 relay of 4WK have RDS? Driving around this evening my car radio seemed to show me a genre tag ‘Varied’ but couldn’t lock on anything else, and I can’t get good enough reception here to check

Now that would be a first for the “Super” Radio Network… RDS.

Not even NEW FM here in Newcastle has that yet.

7 Likes

Wow, I wonder if the 4WK FM relays in Dalby and Stanthorpe have that too?
I’m guessing not since they are much smaller markets than Tooowomba.

Here’s hoping this means RDS will be rolled out to other Super Radio Network FM stations shortly.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for sharing that. Just couldn’t quite get a good enough signal to check myself. Great to see RDS being utilised by a BOG station

Last time I checked @Radiohead the Stanthorpe relay at least didn’t have it. I suspect the addition here might be due to 95.5 being a newly-commissioned transmitter?

2 Likes

I’m interstate currently, however I understand RDS was due to be set up for 95.5 4WK.

Hit Warwick (Toowoomba) and community Rainbow FM Warwick also should have RDS. Same for Rebel Media stations to the south.

Breeze has the song title as well as Breeze FM 92.1 Logan. Since when has it been a Logan station?

1 Like

Breeze and Rebel in Tenterfield has RDS now too.

I was in Stanthorpe in March and none of the commercial stations had RDS.

2 Likes

What that post basically meant was they turned off Alternative Frequency - must not have been working properly.

There was an issue with a delay between 99.4/90.5 and 100.6/92.1 which meant if you switched between frequencies the timing of songs didn’t match up. I think @Moe talked about it on here recently

I didn’t realised Rebel/Breeze Stanthorpe had RDS on yet, thanks for the info @NRN11. I believe their Tenterfield frequencies have it on as well which get into to parts of the Southern Downs fairly well

1 Like

Yep, here’s the post:

1 Like

When done well, AF is great.

A case in point, Triple M and Hit FM on the Mid North Coast of NSW. 100.7 and 106.7 is perfectly in sync for Triple M as is 102.3 and 105.1 for Hit. The casual listener wouldn’t have a clue that it is happening.

I believe the main GC frequencies are fed by STL link while the other transmitters are satellite fed - hence the delay.

2 Likes