Radio Data System (RDS)

Amazing effort, thanks @Radiohead.

Who is the voice talent? Unique, only here within that network.

2 Likes

Would be welcome in Armidale RA1 if Caralis goes ahead with the inefficient and ridiculous FM conversion with a ‘main’ TX that won’t adequately serve any population centre. Lots of switching to be had.

2 Likes

Hopefully they’ll at least implement RDS AF on their/those transmitters to make it easier for travelling listeners in the coverage area? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I reckon there’s a very good chance that 94.3 and 100.3 will both have RDS at the new site. Also agree that AF will be essential too, particularly in Armidale CBD and north side of town.

AF would be a Super Radio Network first, I think?

3 Likes

Ron E Sparkes

1 Like

Still at Armidale Tourist Park as confirmed in the Master Antenna TV Systems (Hospitals, Hotels, etc) thread, I can confirm that FM 100.3 does not have RDS yet. When will 2AD and FM 100.3 move to the new site?

3 Likes

Not sure when the move will happen.

Does 104.3 have SkyRacn RDS text there?

3 Likes

Interestingly, Sydney is still smoothfm

2 Likes

Now at my uncle Rod’s house, I can check that 104.3 FM does indeed have the SkyRacn RDS text with a PTY of Sport.

Off-topic: The hand in the photo attached is my mum’s.

4 Likes

Ah yes, nice reacquaint with his voice. Thanks @NRN11

2 Likes

ABC Classic FM trying a new music format?

(The box BAI use to convert DAB DLS to FM RDS for transmission in Hobart on ABC FM services has obviously failed again… In this case it’s relaying 7HOFM’s now playing)

4 Likes

3 Likes

4GG-87.8 with no RT but TP appeared on my car RDS list at Mermaid Beach/Nobby/Mermaid Waters/Robina near Bond Uni.

6 Likes

Seems to be connected to Vintage FM and My88 in Sydney among others - https://4gg.com.au/

4 Likes

What…a PS of “TP” ???

Interesting. I guess the owners of Vintage FM moved up to Qld.

That FM LOPN licence was sold or leased to ‘Faith FM’ in Penrith at least.

Now looking at the website:

I thought River 87.6 was owned by Nathan Rose?
Now I am confused :thinking:

Re 4GG 87.8MHz. The following was posted on their FB page 11 hours ago:-
Our FM Transmitter is having a drama - you can listen thru iHeart Radio https://www.iheart.com/live/4gg-10019/ - Not sure when our 87.8 FM will be back on.

2 Likes

Traffic Program (TP) was lit up when on this station. Most stations don’t run it. There was no TP and never seems to be in Australia, only the data.

4 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for that. :slightly_smiling_face: Perhaps unfinished RDS programming? We need RDS Spy or a TEF to syphon off some more details including a PI code. PI code probably something like 0000 or FFFF, but who knows? Yeah TA/TP are just RDS flags. I’m yet to experience a Traffic Program RDS switch.

1 Like

It is, I would say though he is buddies with Wayne so he gets some cross promotion.

2 Likes

@crankymedia It’s probably from this site at Mermaid Beach:
https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/site_search.site_lookup?pSITE_ID=10033694
Unfortunately Google Streetview dates back to Aug 2020 for imagery of the above location.

Interestingly this is the only LPON licence under the client name for this licence.
Must be other Client names associated with Wilmo.

Love the nostalgic (slightly cringey) 4GG station slogan/promos. :slightly_smiling_face:

Further RDS details like a PI code would be good for the RDS list/dxers…

2 Likes

Able to pick up Northside radio today:

5 Likes