Master Antenna TV Systems (Hospitals, Hotels, etc)

Unsure what topic to put these in, so I created a new topic. Mods move if you feel. And as an added bonus, I have access to VIC TV again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Price list is (all include TV, Radio, Movies, Internet):
$6.50 for 4hrs - includes local calls
$13.75 for 24hrs - includes $20 of calls
$45 for 5 days - includes $100 of calls
$220 for 30 days - includes $600 of calls.

1 Like

Jeez, the local hospital here uses Hills HTR Hire, it’s crap but at least on widescreen and has some movie channels. No internet though.

1 Like

How old is this? Are you sure this is still current? Is it from a few years ago, on 1 April?

The pictures you posted show the very old dot-less Nine logo, old logos for GEM (instead of 9GEM), ABC1 (instead of just ABC) the Ten logo with yellow in it, no mention of 7flix, 9Go!, 9Life, Food Network.

2 Likes

I’m sitting in hospital right as we speak. These photos are straight off my phone. Lyell McEwen Hospital in SA.

The new Royal Adelaide Hospital has a newer version of the same system and it will be interesting to see if they have bothered with the logos.

2 Likes

And these aren’t available. The SBS2 button is Viceland… Or in my case VIC.

1 Like

Sorry what? It now costs $45 to watch free to air television for less than a week while you’re sick in hospital? Or is that just for pay tv channels?

4 Likes

A television at your bed in a public hospital has always cost money, at least in Sydney.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Westmead in Sydney have their own “entertainment network”:

And yes I did correct the TV’s aspect ratio when no one was looking.

8 Likes

Also Gosford Hospital’s TV system circa October 2013:

4 Likes

They used to offer a selection of Foxtel channels but now they don’t. They have four generic movie channels (not affiliated with Foxtel at all, and are 4 movies from their catalogue.

The movies aren’t even new. They are a few years old with most of the titles from United International Pictures.

2 Likes

At least you get a selection of DVDs… Or is that not what is under the TV?

1 Like

I was only visiting but yes those particular patients do get a selection of DVDs or VHS tapes.

1 Like

VHS, wow!
I really, really hope they’re keeping more up to date with the medical equipment, but sadly I have serious doubts…

4 Likes

“Westmead Entertainment Network”?

WEN TV …

Hope they don’t infect their TVs with giant blue blobs…

1 Like

This isn’t from a hospital but for the lack of a better thread to talk about what people can see via MATV systems in hotels and the like, a couple of caps from February 2014 showing the Mantra on-screen menu and a screencap from the in-house movies preview channel:
hoteltvmenu
moviesavailable

Also, presented without comment…

By the time of my most recent stay there in December 2014, the in-house movie service was removed but the six internally retransmitted Pay TV channels continued (while on the FTA side of things, all the Sydney + NBN Central Coast digital channels of the time could be viewed).

6 Likes

That’s about the only way we’ll see Peter Overton on “NBN”.

3 Likes

The skin of that Telstra software really shows you just how old the thing is.

Also updated the title since some Hotel based caps have snuck in :slight_smile:

Judging from a recent visit to hospital made by a family member, these VHS and DVDs would have no doubt been donated / left there by patients - as is everything “extra” that appears in the hospital.

4 Likes

Especially the “IN FULL COLOUR” banner at the top!
When did colour TV start in Australia? I’m pretty sure it was last century not this one!

Oh, and “HELLO WORLD”, really? That just smacks of ‘my first computer program’.

2 Likes

Funnily enough the one part of the branding that’s still up to date! Think it’s just a coincidence that the ad has popped up on a hospital TV system.

1 Like