Pure Gold Network

When does it start?

Didn’t we just do a Summer 600 with Triple M?

I can’t keep up.

2 Likes

You can vote for your favourite song right now at WS and Gold websites. The countdown starts next Monday.

1 Like

It’s a shame we have no 25 years in 25 days in Brisbane this year.

4 Likes

I know. It’s stuff like this you take for granted and then really miss when they’re gone.

3 Likes

Is there anything special about the WSFM & GOLD104.3 Summer 500 countdown?

Any surprises? Or just their standard playlist?

1 Like

Their usual playlist wouldn’t be 500 songs, so there should be some unflogged gems from 500 to maybe 350, but pretty standard fare after that.

The early parts of such countdowns are usually the best to listen to.

4 Likes

Looks like Phil will extend his break… he had covid. He supposed to be back on Monday on WSFM.

2 Likes

Who’s on WS this arvo?

I think it was Ben Dillon Smith when I was listening around 3pm.

As for the Summer 500, songs from approx 440 down to 420 were fairly predictable, I didn’t hear anything more surprising than John Farnham’s “Chain Reaction”.

But outside of that, they did play Elton John’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” in recognition of his return to Australia to complete the 2019-20 tour that was postponed due to COVID… His tour recommenced last night here in Newcastle.

2 Likes

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/jonesy-and-amanda-welcomes-tyran-stig-as-senior-producer/

1 Like

Hopefully Tyran has a better knowledge of media law than the rest of the 2022 team that allowed all that rubbish about Higgins/Lehrmann go to air before the trial was complete.

Best wishes for Kate to survive the Mix Adelaide bear pit.

3 Likes

WSFM line up today

6-10am Ryan
10am-2pm Mike Byrne
2-6pm Ben Dillon Smith

3 Likes

Who are they? Where is Ron E Sparks when we need him?

2 Likes

Sydney’s Classic Hits.com
I believe he is doing breakfast, not exactly sure

2 Likes

Back to the usual weekday line up on WSFM today except Madigan filling in for Jason Staveley on the Totally 80s.

2 Likes
5 Likes

We should put MediaSpy on it!

6 Likes

I’ve noticed of late that Gold 104.3 are playing heavily-edited versions of some tracks. Some are subtle (a chorus or two chopped out towards the end of Foreigner’s “I Wanna Know What Love Is”, bits of chorus and lead guitar break cut from Australian Crawl’s “Reckless”, for instance), but some are blatantly obvious - second verse and chorus cut out of “Black Velvet” by Alannah Myles and “Living Years” by Mike & The Mechanics, pretty much the whole “loves me, loves me not” section cut from “How Will I Know”, and so on.

Are other stations in the network doing this, or is it just Melbourne?

4 Likes

WS FM have been doing this for years - Janie’s Got A Gun by Aerosmith is an example!

3 Likes