Pure Gold Network

Will find out tomorrow. :wink:

Ben Dillon Smith will do the 2-6pm on WSFM for the next 5 weeks from today.

1 Like

I haven’t heard her on WS for quite a while.

Sounds like it could be Nat or one of the KIIS producers/ex-Edge announcers.

Very young for WSFM.

3 Likes

Having a younger voice on the station isn’t such a bad thing… not too young though, don’t want a screeching teenager!

1 Like

Her name is Stampsy on air now at WSFM until 2pm.

1 Like

Leanne Stamps

2 Likes

Ex Krock Geelong

3 Likes

That explains the youthfulness of her.

2 Likes

WSFM will use more of her in the next few weeks because most of the on air team except for Phil are on holidays now. Even Bill Weaver on holidays also.

2 Likes

That’s good news, I had a listen to her today and she sounded pretty good.

1 Like

A bit scripted IMO. Maybe because she was very young when a lot of these tracks were in the charts.

1 Like

Yes, i did wonder if she researched the music herself or was it done for her.

As she made a comment about the lead singer of The Waterboys having a birthday after “The Whole Of The Moon” was played.

1 Like

WSFM line up this week:

6-10am Ugly Phil
10am-2pm Stampsy
2-6pm Ben Dillon Smith
8pm Sunset Sessions

2 Likes

Just heard a sweeper on WSFM - they are doing ‘Totally 80s’ from Boxing Day to New Years Day… I know they’ve done this in recent years (maybe not every year though?).

3 Likes

That takes it to 5 all 80s stations in Sydney during this period. WSFM does a good job with 80s music. Also, WSFM 80s and MMM 80s are both good to listen to and have good playlists, so it looks like we’ll be spoilt for choice in this format.

4 Likes

WSFM has been getting a bit predictable and safe with it’s 80s music in the last year or two… It’s not as varied as it used to be unfortunately.

2 Likes

I think that’s because they are playing a lot of the 80s music you don’t normally hear on the radio, on their 80s branded stations. This keeps the main station playing more mainstream and familiar songs.

Smooth is the same. If you listen to Smooth Vintage, they are playing a lot of Rolling Stones, Eagles, and some great 70s Motown and disco and songs that are hardly played on the radio. They are also playing some of the songs that the original Smooth FM played, whereas now Smooth FM has gone more mainstream and younger.

1 Like

Yes 80s stuff on WSFM from Boxing day. Love it.

Not sure who will be on air but Ben Dillon Smith will be on air for sure from 2pm.

WSFM and Gold will bring back Summer 500 countdown.

1 Like