2-6pm Bill Weaver

2 Likes

WSFM schedule this week.

6-9am Jonesy and Amanda
9am-1pm Bill Weaver
1-2pm Totally 80s with Madigan
2-6pm Steve Fitton
6-7pm JAMNation

Ugly Phil and Jason Staveley are on holidays this week.

2 Likes

…WSFM, GOLD104.3, Mix102.3, KIIS 97.3 and 96FM.

3 Likes

The stations listed are what SHOULD be the Pure Gold network. So why are 97.3 and Mix branded as KIIS? Ugh

2 Likes

It’s obvious why KIIS97.3 - now that ARN have no other option up there (and I doubt they’d want to share this one onto 4BH).

2 Likes

What about Cruise 1323?

It should be on Cruise 1332 not Mix 102.3

Cruise is taking AFL from next year on Sundays so it would be too disruptive to the schedule.

ARN have a track record of ignoring their AM music stations, regardless of (or despite) how well they’re doing. Wouldn’t be surprised if they sell Cruise to SEN.

4 Likes

Even if 4KQ was still around they’d probably still have it on KIIS97.3.

5 Likes

Yes they would have.

3 Likes

ARN did lease 1332 am in Adelaide to SEN in December 2006

The radio listener share of 1323 AM dropped from 6.7% in December 2004 to almost Nil in May 2005. SEN encountered financial difficulties, and relinquished control of the licence, handing it back to ARN. After regaining control, ARN began a [simulcast] of its FM station, now rebranded as Mix 102.3.

I do not know if they want to repeat their first mistake again

1 Like

Well on their way to doing so.

ARN have lost sight of the bigger picture, a second FM licence. Plenty of spectrum in SA to shift all Adelaide AM stations to FM.

4 Likes

ARN should sell 1332am to SEN, with that money buy a FM License to Convert Cruise from AM to FM

That way Full football coverage can be broadcast on 1332am while classic hits can be air on FM

I’m guessing Cruise1323 may not be as profitable if it’s always ARN that leases the station or airtime to others (like SEN).

2 Likes

It would be nice but there are no FM licences available because ACMA seem to have given up on allocating new metro licences a long time ago.

3 Likes

And that it would be difficult to find spare spectrum for 2 x FM frequencies (one for the Foothills) without moving other stations.

1 Like

Jonesy and Amanda will have a big announcement tomorrow regarding the future of their breakfast show.

3 Likes

There were reports over the weekend that they had signed on for another two years

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’m not sure what the breakfast show is like but I find jam nation pretty cringy actually. Can’t listen to it.

4 Likes