Pure Gold Network

SEN don’t stream on I heart so it will be there just until ARN close down the 4KQ stream

3 Likes

SEN are retaining the 4KQ news readers and maybe traffic reporters.

They are from ATN… not ARN employees

Also interesting to note that all SDR’s on the web in Brisbane were full, all playing… you guessed it… 4KQ

RX0
“(no identity)” (Imus, Philippines) 693.00 kHz am z10 1:13:42 0:39:56 act
RX1
“(no identity)” (Gold Coast, Australia) 693.00 kHz amn z8 0:08:30 0:51:56 act
RX2
“(no identity)” (Sydney, Australia) 693.00 kHz am z4 0:06:42 0:19:10 24h
RX3

2 Likes

My version of a montage of the last day - unfortunately the final song The End had to be muted - it was a cut down version that ran for 30 seconds.

8 Likes

What does this mean, please?

1 Like

The 3rd last Song played at 5:50am is Howzat by Sherbet

The second last song to be played on 693am 4kq at 5:54am is Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

The last song to be played on 693am at 5:58am is
INXS - New Sensation

1 Like

And I could not find 693 SENQ within the SEN App.

Did you know it was the breakfast show host Laurel Edwards singing that version. I teared up too :smiley:

Did anyone have a recording of Laurel’s song?

3 Likes

It’s in the video montage I posted above at 7:35

3 Likes

Here are some recordings I made:

4KQ switch to SENQ feed at approx midnight

SENQ switch from network feed to 693AM feed at approx midnight

SENQ Launch at 6am 1st July 2022

I have full hourly recordings from 6pm to midnight on 30 June, the first SENQ midnight to 1am and SENQ 5am to 7am if anyone is interested in anything else.

6 Likes

All the songs after midnight were from SENQ.

2 Likes

All sporting themed it seems

1 Like

Classic Hits 4BH is excited to announce that one of Brisbane’s most iconic radio personalities will be joining the 4BH team from July 11th.

BBQ Bob Gallagher will be the new host of the Classic Hits 4BH Breakfast, bringing an unmistakably Brisbane feel to the show. Bob has said about his return, “It’s great to be back where it all started for me”.

Where does that leave LG&M?

5 Likes

Classy of Pat Welsh to give a call out to 4KQ in his opening segment. He’s certainly a fixture of the QLD media landscape himself so I wonder how he must feel about 4KQ’s demise, even though SEN’s launch is a big deal for him.

Thanks to all who’ve uploaded segments too, great record of the final day and does sound a lot better off DAB/streams than my AM recordings did.

10 Likes

Glad to hear that 4BH will have him ,a long time radio legend :+1:someone live(hopefully?) and local in Brisbane

1 Like

Appears there could be more to play out with Laurel, Gary and Mark?

2 Likes

In a perfect world they would land on FM104 and that station would go back to its music roots.

3 Likes

3mp is having a one-hit wonders weekend. Not sure about other stations. Usually, unlike 4KQ, it’s just 3 songs at the start of each hour.

2 Likes

I think I can hear the sound of Porky Pig at Movie World flapping his wings.

6 Likes

Thanks for that. Brent said the final song might be unexpected but what was unexpected about American pie and The End?

1 Like