Pure Gold Network

AM frequency has just significantly reduced power:

5 Likes

So this is SEN programming music? I suppose playing All Star might well get the listeners to flick off KQ before they even reach the sports content.

That final few hours was some good radio, though odd choice of last song.

3 Likes

Seemed to be having some audio issues in the changeover, volume dropped right down and is still low. I guess they’ve got six hours to get it right.

Playing generic music with an SENQ promo with Pat & Heals between tracks now.

1 Like

and there we go… the first SENQ promo

1 Like

any idea why they’d be doing that?

1 Like

Electricity isn’t cheap, SEN have to make the station profitable somehow…

6 Likes

The music still appears to be generating from the ARN side of things, as the stream is still running on iHeartRadio featuring the songs just recently played listed.

1 Like

It’s back up to full power again now.

1 Like

4KQ website seems to be down

1 Like

I think you’ll probably find it’s been shutdown. The previous sister station 97.3 and all other ARN sites are still operating.

2 Likes

nothing on iheart either

1 Like

The last song on the station was a cut down version of The End by The Beatles.

6 Likes

The music is also on the SENQ stream and in the SEN broadcast guide. I think SEN are sending their audio to 4KQ (likely for redundancy as the feeds at the transmitter are changed in due course). I heart radio smart enough to automatically recognise the songs? I think it would be.

1 Like

Unless it’s something they launch tomorrow, surely you’d just redirect to the 97.3 website or the iHeart homepage than go dead?

I suppose we’ll find out just how much 4KQ that SEN bought - maybe it’ll redirect to SEN instead.

Also, is it just me or is Playing to win being played way too fast?

1 Like

At 6:00a.m. SENQ Officially lifts off.

The End by The Beatles followed and then Eye of the tiger but I think that was provided by SEN who seem to be playing music until they start their regular programs at 6 am. It’s not 4KQ type music.

1 Like

Definitely seem to be having problems getting the input into the AM transmitter correct.

1 Like

The End was followed by the crickets so it was from 4KQ. Then a pause before the SEQ music started.

2 Likes

DAB is a bit of a mixture -

1 Like

Still says 4KQ Good times & Great classic Hits on iheart. Do SEN continue using it or will they get their own?

2 Likes