Pure Gold Network

Probably adjust the playlist on River 949 then pipe that thru on DAB. That’s my prediction.

7 Likes

As for a station with a playlist like 4KQ? You’ll never see a commercial station like it ever again.

5 Likes

ARN will Continue to Have Pure Gold Status in Brisbane through it’s 97.3 80’s and 90’s Stations plus Chemist Warehouse Remix, so it’s not a Total Loss.

2 Likes

It’s former sister Station 4BH is filling that Void by Playing Classic Hits/Oldies nicely, Best head there on Friday.

2 Likes

4BH are more mainstream and more national, 4KQ are Brisbane and play a lot more songs that no other station will play.

6 Likes

Triple M in Brisbane now saying GOOD TIMES AND GREAT HITS. playing more 70s and 80s.

6 Likes

96FM to join Pure Gold?

Would give KIIS four metropolitan stations and Pure Gold four metropolitan stations.

2 Likes

I think it was $12.3m for the licence and no assets other than the Wynnum Rd tx site now home to 693 & 882 frequencies.

3 Likes

4BH turned this song into it’s theme for the last couple of years that Jeff Harrison was its program & music director. They made quite nice hour openers and id’s with it.

2 Likes

‘‘Take the money and run’’: Steve Miller Band, might have been the first song in the 9 at 9- I think it was a dig at ARN for selling the station and not caring about its listeners.

4 Likes

Is this confirmed? Would be fantastic!

1 Like

I must have missed that one

Today’s 4KQ 9 at Nine is “Heroes and villains”. :cowboy_hat_face: - cowboys and Indians / Wild Wild West.

2 Likes

all INXS songs with Michael “hutchy” Hutchence on vocals :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m sure I’m not the only Victorian listening to 4KQ this week. Actually a really good music mix. I like it better than Gold 104.3 already.

6 Likes

I have listened to it once.

When 4KQ closes …

5 Likes

They’re also running ads inviting KQ listeners to move to sister station 97.3.

4 Likes

Yes, but now trying magic 1278 it seems to be getting a better playlist these days , but not quite at kq standard yet in my opinion

Weekends are (were) when 4KQ really shined. Such a broad and even ecclectic playlist.

7 Likes