Pure Gold Network

I have this and the 4BH one recorded off AM and will endeavour to upload later.

1 Like

No thanks , I won’t be listening to 97.3 ever again

4 Likes

So I thought I’d sample Triple M to see if the playlist had altered. I’ve flicked over a few times today and especially this afternoon but I’m yet to hear an actual song!! Every time I sample it’s some sort of talk program! It’s a non-stop talkfest on Triple M and that drive show is just the most inane drivel I have ever heard. They were just talking on and on about the most inane things - who listens to this crap?

4KQ listeners are never going to happy with Triple M or 97.3. They might as well forget it.

7 Likes

How would 4KQ’s music compare to Magic1278?

I still think ACE should just share the logs of Magic with 4BH.

Also, I find it interesting that ARN have allowed ads promoting 4BH, rather than encouraging listeners to tune to Zinc96 or River949.

1 Like

It does seem weird. Maybe some sort of goodwill.gesture since Ace didn’t get to buy KQ.

And why promote 873. As if the KQ audience cares for Ed Sheeran.

3 Likes

Yes that’s the most likely outcome.

4KQ plays a lot of Brisbane only hits and obscure songs, Magic plays the more safe songs.

4 Likes

4KQs demise will be a boon for 4BH as will 2CHs demise be a boon for 2UE. Ace are the big winners of this, as of course are SEN.

1 Like

I can’t imagine any 4KQ listener will stay listening to SEN. They will drop the ratings from 10% to <1%.

3 Likes

Big winners ?? Let’s see what happens next survey

2 Likes

From The Radio Vault:

4 Likes

Hopefully the Radio Vault or someone else will record the last hours of 4kq on Thursday night including the final song which I am betting Thank you for the Music by ABBA

Same final song as 2ch

1 Like

As a Perth local with a similar sounding station here in 6IX, I was envious of how ARN branded and promoted 4KQ. It was very slick compared a regional looking 6IX. I was always secretly hoping that ARN would pick up 6IX and run it in similar fashion alongside 96FM.

However now it might seem that 6IX’s current ownership might just save them. Word is Kevin Blyton and Hutchy don’t like each other and Blyton would sell to anyone but him.

4 Likes

It will never be Zinc - it’s not receivable in Brisbane. Only River 949.

4 Likes

It might be Thank You For The Music although that’s actually not an ABBA song 4KQ played very much, if at all. They played more upbeat ABBA tunes. They played Take A Chance On Me a lot for example.

I still think Love You Brisbane is a good chance.

5 Likes

Here are the two ads airing on 4KQ today for switches to 97.3 and 4BH, respectively:

Love the cheek of a rival broadcaster airing ads thanking 4KQ for their service, but also telling people to switch across once it changes.

What’s probably more interesting again is that SEN have made no effort to gain airtime to promote their service that’s coming. The only mention is in the 97.3 ad with a generic reference to a “24-7 sports station”. You’d think they might fork out for a few ads on the frequency just to promote what they’re about and what to expect post-July 1

5 Likes

I would say an * is more likely

2 Likes

One thing I’m sure of is not a single 4KQ listener will stay for SEN. So anything above an * will be a new listener to 693

3 Likes

The 97.3 one is interesting with the initial mention of just “97.3 FM” and only the mention of the KIIS branding at the very end.

Still - these ads go to showing that 4KQ weren’t prevented from a better listener migration strategy, but I suppose one that points their listeners to two different stations to avoid sport is a novel one.

7 Likes

SEN has shown no regard for 4KQ or its listeners so why would they even bother trying to get any of them to stay.

The type of music 97.3 plays is far removed from what has made 4KQ the success it is. I can’t imagine too many would be going there.

3 Likes