Pure Gold Network

ARN have re-signed Amanda Keller and Brendan Jones to WSFM 101.7 breakfast and Christian O’Connell to Gold 104.3 breakfast for at least another three years.

Source: The Australian

7 Likes
7 Likes

Awesome news about Christian - it’s a great show!

4 Likes

Agree - good to see ARN commit to OC and something different

2 Likes

Nothing for Laurel, Gary and Mark?

Their best performer by opex ratio is again forgotten.

1 Like

Jonesy and Amanda won the Best-On Air Team Metro FM for the first time in five years at tonight’s ACRAs.

3 Likes

Monster Hits weekend on 4KQ ahead of Halloween.

These are the Classic Hits that monstered the Brisbane Top 40 Charts of the 60s,70s and 80s and crept to the top !

Playlist:

https://www.4kq.com.au/entertainment/queen-plus-adam-lambert-the-rhapsody-tour/

5 Likes

4KQ Christmas Lights Competion

4 Likes

I wish a Sydney station would bring it back… like WSFM or 2CH.

Robbie Klitzing, former Red FM WA breakfast host and now Gold 104.3 Content Assistant presented drive today.

Craig Huggins did 6-10 in lieu of Christian O’Connell, with Toni Tenaglia sliding up into mornings.

4 Likes

Hang on, you go from remote WA bfast and end up Content Assistant in Melb in your next gig?

3 Likes

Remote WA via Perth, of course.

From memory that role used to be held by Chris Holland, who came via Sea FM Cairns (known on air as Dutchy). Not as big a jump as it sounds I’d say, especially in a support role

2 Likes

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/new-kid-in-towns-gamble-pays-off/news-story/2396a978ca8d5f8fe9824dfa96060507?btr=355ebdf23cbd59eab1ed37209d750aa0

4KQ has changed the message on its news theme - its even more focused on iheart radio.

2 Likes

bringing OC to Australia is the sort of ballsy call you don’t see in radio much anymore. I’d been a fan of COC for years - when i worked night shift i found his show and listened to it via streaming as the times worked (ie - i had a breakfast show, when I had brrakfast) and even called in from melbourne to london to request a song on his all request hour he used to have after the breakfast show was done. he;s a great personality but it could have easily ended in tears.

it seems the poms are more accepting of aussies on the radio than vice-versa

2 Likes

Yes it’s unbelievable they don’t promote DAB+ at all. What’s wrong with them?

6 Likes

Just what I was going to reply to @TV.Cynic’s comment.

This is a station benefitting from a lack of 4BH and a lack of local 4BC and a local ABC that has chosen the wrong content and could have higher share if they did their own free marketing on the station for digital radio.

Clearly Duncan and Barry don’t have their eye on every aspect as they should.

4 Likes

They want you listening via iHeartRadio so they can directly target you with addressable advertising. ARN have been doing this for a while now, and seem to have gotten it down pat. It’s a lot smoother than it was initially. SCA and Nova seem to be slowly rolling this out too.

They all seem to use something called AdsWizz, you may see their name appear in the now playing screen if you access their stream directly rather than through their apps.

Personally I think it’s a waste of time, it hasn’t really been proven that targeted advertising works any better than standard advertising, despite what Google, Facebook and all the ad brokers want you to think.

7 Likes

Yeah I agree it’s a waste of time. Most radio listening is in the car anyway. Particularly for 4KQ I hardly think their audience is the most likely to be downloading iheart on their phones.

3 Likes

Sizzling Summer weekend on 4KQ coming up

4KQ Christmas Lights TV Commercial

2 Likes