Pure Gold Network

Yep. if L, G & M had gone to 4BH instead of BC I reckon they would have possibly been rating in the 10’s this survey. Would love to see 4BH out-rate KIIS like 4KQ used to do quite often.

If ARN had gone Gold 97.3 rather than KIIS it would have been a different story and I believe they would be a clear No.1 in Brisbane now. Gold 97.3 would have picked up a lot more 4KQ listeners and they would also have picked up a fair chunk of Triple M listeners who want music and not sport and bogan talk all the time.

The Pure Gold network should be WS, Gold 104, Gold 97.3 and 96fm Perth. Gold 97.3 could still skew a little younger and 96fm skew a bit towards rock, but essentially the network would be complete in the four biggest cities. Mix 102.3 could have a foot in both Pure Gold and KIIS camps given sister-station Cruise playing classic hits in Adelaide.

7 Likes

Does anyone know why has ARN has not re branded WS-FM as Gold 101.7 yet ?

I think it’s just that they see brand value in WSFM, I remember reading somewhere that it had been consudered.

Perhaps if/when they rebrand regionals, that might happen then.

The same reason they haven’t rebranded anything other than Mix Sydney and Melbourne.

Brisbane is a different story as they really didn’t have a brand before.

2 Likes

WS has a rich legacy history in Sydney going back to when 2WS (2 Western Sydney) started in an old fibro cottage in Seven Hills in Sydney’s west in 1978. Soon after built the new studios at Leabons Lane which i hung out in. A fair chunk of their listener base is still rusted on. Its why they never dropped the WS call sign after converting to FM (unlike Alberts which mistakenly and stupidly dropped 2UW for the meaningless MIX after converting). GOLD branding would mean nothing here in Sydney and would be a backwards step imho.

7 Likes

As part of the above deal, Sportsday with Malcolm Blight & David Wildy will move to Cruise 1323 (as well as being simulcast on SEN 1629).

3 Likes

Cruise is doing well… why mess around with it… i can’t see this helping ratings, music listeners will tune out.

2 Likes

WTH?

The beginning of the end for Cruise. Don’t they remember what happened the last time SEN had a hand in 1323.

5 Likes

Music to sport and then back to music again = Disconnect.

Cruise is Adelaide’s No. 2 radio station on the weekend. I suspect this will change for the worse.

Cruise had better hope like hell that when the footy game finishes, the listeners who tuned out, remember to tune back in again.

Pure dumb.

9 Likes

Do they need to? ARN seem pretty happy to maintain individual brands for the network across each city, i.e. Gold 104.3, WSFM, Cruise 1323 and (RIP) 4KQ.

9 Likes

I don’t understand why Cruise would want the football. Can’t see it bringing in any listeners and will probably put people off. Same with simulcasting Sportsday.

4 Likes

Is it more likely SEN are buying airtime? Whatever the case, sounds like financially they’ll be better off with syndicated football rather than playing music.

2 Likes

Not if those music listeners go elsewhere and don’t come back.

6 Likes

I typed somewhere that this deal is the renaissance of the Danny Stafferi era mk1 for SEN in Adelaide. Buying airtime off ARN.

It’s time to mobilise the audience and clients to say no to ARN.

Cruise would have an opt in/audience motivated music research tactic, where’s the respect for consultation on turning over hours of music to vacuous sport chat?

4 Likes

WSFM line up for Public holiday monday

6-9am Jonesy and Amanda best bits
9am-1pm Ben Dillon Smith
1-2pm Totally 80s
2-6pm Bill Weaver

2 Likes

WSFM schedule this week.

6-9am Jonesy and Amanda
9am-1pm Bill Weaver
1-2pm Totally 80s with Madigan
2-6pm Steve Fitton
6-7pm JAMNation

Ugly Phil and Jason Staveley are on holidays this week.

2 Likes

…WSFM, GOLD104.3, Mix102.3, KIIS 97.3 and 96FM.

3 Likes

The stations listed are what SHOULD be the Pure Gold network. So why are 97.3 and Mix branded as KIIS? Ugh

2 Likes

It’s obvious why KIIS97.3 - now that ARN have no other option up there (and I doubt they’d want to share this one onto 4BH).

2 Likes

What about Cruise 1323?

It should be on Cruise 1332 not Mix 102.3