Seven Regional

Unlike the Prime7, 7TWO and 7mate channels, there’s no region branding on the LCN channel names with 7flix
ie. its just 7flix and not something more like 7flix Central Coast.

I’ve only just turned over to the Prime7 version of 7flix so I’m not sure yet whether each region gets local ads or not.

But the PRG is different to Seven’s (as below) though the watermark looks to be the same as the metro one.

6 Likes

I’ve checked on 7flix Wollongong this morning & they seemed to be airing ads across Southern NSW/ACT, ie. the wider aggregated market. For example, I saw ads for a display home at Wagga, as well as one for Canowindra Trading Post. This is in contrast to 7TWO & 7mate, which airs ads for a specific viewing area.

4 Likes

Yes, the closest thing I’ve seen to a local ad so far this evening is one for the Bonny Hills Garden Centre and Cafe (which is up near Port Macquarie).

So I think you might be right on that score, but i think 7mate is also still one feed for each aggregated market as well - since it’s HD, and the need to have separate HD encoders for each local market is probably one reason why we still don’t have Prime7 HD.

2 Likes

All pretty generic ads tonight. From an ad break just now:

800 words promo, Holden, Aldi, Assasin’s Creed magazine (lol), Berocca, Panadol, Trivago, I Am Heath Ledger promo.

8 Likes

When I was in Canberra two weeks ago, I saw a promo for Seven News with Mark Ferguson that has the “Canberra’s No.1 News Hour at 6pm” line (or something close to it) on 7mate, so it leads me to think that they do have separate advertising feeds for each viewing area.

2 Likes

That same PRG error was seen on 7flix via Seven the other night, so it could be a dirty feed. I guess one way to know for sure is if we see a “now on >” PRG which only Prime does.

@Radiohead PRG is actually the same as metro, can confirm (front oddly changed a few weeks ago).

@webguy You mentioned 7flix wasn’t market specific, sponsor billboards I saw (voiced by John Deeks) had “Melbourne’s Cheapest Cars”, etc.

1 Like

No, I said it wasn’t market specific in regional Qld. In Queensland, they have separate feeds for Seven, 7TWO and 7mate for area (eg. Townsville, Cairns, Mackay etc.), but 7flix is the same for all areas. The 5 metro cities get their own localised feeds.

1 Like

Righto, apologies, thanks for that :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, yes, that was different from the last time I remember watching 7flix, which was a few weeks ago now at least.

And that the new font looked a bit more like what Prime7 now uses on its other channels.

1 Like

I remember the 7HD era Prime HD airing out of market ads into the Central Coast. I think it might have been for Canberra from memory.

2 Likes

Not quite. 7flix in Regional QLD appears to be split into a north v south feed as previously determined.

1 Like

Even these days, Prime7 Central Coast gets more Newcastle ads than local Central Coast ones.
Their ad feed looks similar to Newcastle’s, just that the ads are in a different order.
It’s the same with 7TWO I think.

Even though it’s been determined MediaHub control 7flix’s playout nationally (metro & regional), BCM still have to obviously provide all the programming for them (i.e.) ready to air.

MediaHub aren’t Seven’s programming/scheduling/classification departments!

1 Like

Yes, Seven would have to provide MediaHub with the content to be played out and all the scheduling information - eg, what shows and ads to play when.

1 Like

obviously

2 Likes
7 Likes

No doubt thanks once again to regional VIC, pushing them over the line?

The nearest rival in that market, is behind by the length of the Flemington straight!

1 Like

I came across these photos of the former Prime Television studios at Kembla Grange on the Abandoned Wollongong Facebook page. Such a waste that this investment was made by Prime back in the 1980s and the studios were never fully utilised. The buildings are due to be demolished shortly and the site will become home to yet another Bunnings warehouse.

Aerial video of the site can be seen here:

16 Likes

I remember at the time there was a B&T article stating that Prime were pushing their commercial production facilities at the site, selling it to clients as a cheaper alternative to Sydney production facilities that was only 90 minutes (?) or so drive from Sydney CBD.

Was it ever used for television program production? Did Prime do a local news in Wollongong? I know they had a few stabs at local news in Canberra.