7flix - Programs and Schedules

Not sure a planned schedule fits the definition of coincidental.

1 Like

Coincidental, in relation to my point about Jayne Eyre.

You had a point?

2 Likes

Jane Eyre actually aired after Miss Potter on 7flix last night. How serendipitous.

It appears as though 7flix is returning to its original ‘movie per night’ programming.

At least this Sunday (“Bridesmaids” 2011) and Monday (“Coyote Ugly”).

Possibly coinciding with the channel launch in more regional markets?

What’s with the recent font change on the PRG on 7flix?

1 Like

Noticed that too, plus the watermark was a bit blurry.

7flix PRG (via Seven)

mp4 -_00001mp4 -_00002

4 Likes

That image quality looks below SD , exactly how it looks on my 8 year old tv. Sort of soft and blurry.

1 Like

Good to see Seven’s network programming chief Angus Ross delivered on what he told TV Tonight some weeks ago (regarding endless Big Bang Theory repeats - which are rating though) “more movies are on the way” :+1:

As of two nights ago, they’ve added a movie every Sunday and Monday night it appears.

•This Sunday: “Notting Hill” (1999)
•Next Monday: “Encourage” (2015) premiere
•Next Monday (late): “United 93” (2006)

2 Likes

There are eight Big Bang Theory tonight, six tomorrow, five surrounding Notting Hill, and three before Entourage. Yes, well done.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve just discovered is that 7flix on Prime7 is about 3-4 seconds ahead of 7flix on 7 Sydney.

Did I read somewhere that 7flix playout for the Seven Network comes out of Mediahub (and not the Melbourne Broadcast Centre)?

If so, that probably explains this.

1 Like

Yep. Was taken from Plus7 feed which is a measly 360p. :frowning:

But that wouldn’t make a difference? 7flix playout is via MediaHub nationally.

I know the 7Live/Plus7 channel live streams are ~30sec behind real time.

It’s interesting because Prime’s channels have traditionally been ~15 seconds delayed compared to Seven. Since they moved to MediaHub it’s dropped to something like 5 seconds. 7flix via Prime is now ahead of Seven as it doesn’t have to travel to BCM first.

4 Likes

AFAIK 7flix doesn’t travel to BCM at all?

MediaHub also handle 7flix’s transmission to every market?

As was stipulated in an interview with Seven’s network head of broadcast operations Andrew Anderson last year.

But BCM obviously provide all of 7flix’s content/ads/scheduling, etc.

As someone here mentioned, MediaHub running 7flix would be more of a capacity and technical issue, rather than BCM not being able to do it.

It would have to. How would Seven’s channels all be on the same multiplex if 7flix were played out separately?

3 Likes

No, they handle playout and deliver 7flix to Seven as a channel. It still goes through BCM. Seven adds 7flix to their existing transmission of channels from that point, just like Racing.com or the defunct 4ME.

BCM not being able to do playout is the capacity and technical issue you mention.

6 Likes

I was misinformed, thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

That all does make sense.

I would’nt be Surprised if Flix ever schedule’s Greys Anatomy and How to get away with Murder, Mot Likely to air After 9:30.