Seven Regional

Prime Media Group announces its results for the last financial year later today. Perhaps they’ll make an announcement regarding plans to broadcast the main channel in HD. Don’t hold your breath, though.

1 Like

Most likely 7Mate HD.

Prime announced they made an after tax profit of $35.6 million for the 2017 financial year after the share market closed today. There’s a shareholder/investor presentation in the morning. Perhaps someone will ask Audsley if some of that profit will be put towards the introduction of the main channel in HD.

6 Likes

But that can’t be so… they’ve been crying poor, had to sack staff, outsource to MediaHub, needed the licence fees waived, can’t afford to meet their local content commitments, let alone do the main channel in HD!

2 Likes

7flix pop-up:

14 Likes

Gee, maybe a bit bigger? I can still see the programme behind it, but then of course playout is from MediaHub which is half-owned by the home of the huge solid ■■■■■■■■■, WIN.

5 Likes

10 Second Promo:

20 Second Promo:

3 Likes

Well, 7flix is going to rate its socks off (as it’s doing now in 5 city metro) & performs very well in regional QLD.

So why not promote however in-your-face they want it :smile:

Show us how? It’s not even Seven’s highest rating multi channel

4 Likes

Averaging over 2% & well up on last year?

Over 4% last Saturday?

Dominating the multi-channel key demos, with programs such as TBBT repeats?

Also, channels’ shares are usually higher in regional Australia.

Shall I go on?

(9Life… Approaching ‘who cares’ territory now IMO).

I notice there are a lot of 7flix haters on MediaSpy!

Their loss :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Which still puts it considerably behind other multi-channels.

7two and 7mate are consistently higher. Are their socks off too??

YTD 7flix is the lowest of Seven’s multi-channels. Also beaten by 9Go, 9Gem, One, Eleven and ABC2. That’s a lot of socks going off there.

You can’t just cherry pick one night and make that an argument for any consistent performance. And it was still beaten by 7mate too.

Of which 7flix doesn’t yet broadcast apart from Queensland. And even then it’s still outrated by 7two and 7mate.

No denying 7flix has gained on last year but it’s hardly worth hyping up as some sort of unmitigated success

11 Likes

Even Whoopi seems to be pleased that 7flix is finally coming to the sticks in NSW and VIC.

3 Likes

A couple of questions about PRIME7 and GWN7 playout and scheduling:

Do MediaHub receive clean feeds of HSV7, ATN7 and TVW7 from Docklands, insert their ads, promos and graphics etc, but delay the GWN feed themselves - or do they receive the TVW7 feed already delayed and therefore have to run GWN totally separately to PRIME.

I assume the former is logistically easier and similar to how Docklands run the various Seven stations.

If they don’t get all three state feeds from Seven they would have to switch around themselves when there are variations in the schedule. Do PRIME7 stations in Victoria and NSW always mirror the appropriate capital city schedule, eg. is footie shown in all Victoria markets when HSV7 show it while all NSW markets would follow the ATN schedule?

As far as I’m aware, their schedule always reflects the respective capital city. Therefore I’d assume that they receive separate clean feeds from each channel in each state just because it would be easier than continually switching to different sources to replicate the desired schedule.

1 Like

Unless they have a placeholder channel (I doubt it) as was done for the metro launches of 7flix, 9Life and Ten HD, it is an odd message to send.

On another note, I’ve seen people complain that Prime are launching 7flix over 7HD. From what we’ve seen of SCHD Tas (Seven not providing a full HD feed), in my mind Prime have actually made the smart move.

Why deliver a sub-standard “HD” simulcast when they can instead deliver a new SD channel (quality debatable, please see thread feud above :joy:)

3 Likes

That do have a placeholder channel…

1 Like

Then in that case, there is no reason why they shouldn’t regularly broadcast the “retune now” message.

1 Like

See, I thought it was laziness. I’ve learned something today.

Considering how coy 7 has been about the provision of HD even into most metropolitan areas until this year, perhaps 2018 will be the year Prime introduces an HD offering in their broadcast areas. “Just in time for the Commonwealth Games” and all that

I’ll believe it when I see it; we’ve heard similar speculation before the last Olympics, and each year’s Australian Open/Summer of Tennis.

6 Likes

A couple more versions of the 7flix promo:

2 Likes