Presto

Continues from the old forum

1 Like

###American Crime Season 2

Commences this weekend

The Australian premiere of the second season of American Crime begins streaming this weekend exclusively on Presto.

The news comes after last month’s arrival of American Crime Season One, that has become one of the most popular dramas streaming on Presto, and brings season 2 to Presto subscribers in line with US weekly broadcasts.

American Crime is broadcast on Wednesday nights US time by ABC US.

American Crime is an anthology crime drama starring Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives), Regina King (Ray) and Timothy Hutton (Leverage).

Season 2 takes on issues of socio-economics and sexual orientation against the backdrop of two Midwestern high schools when a public high school student accuses several members of an elite private school’s championship basketball team of drugging and assaulting him and then taking lurid photos of the incident and posting them on social media.

The victim and his family struggle for justice despite being publicly assailed by the private school’s wealthy families and are only able to find hope in an unknown person who inhabits the fringes of the online world.

Presto is thrilled to announce that Presto TV content took home four awards at the73rd Annual Golden Globe AwardsÂŽ today, more than any other Australian streaming service.

Having had its Australian television premiere first on Presto in 2015, Mr Robot became one of the hottest and most talked about shows of the year and received widespread critical acclaim internationally. Today, the daring and compelling series took home the 2016 Golden Globe Award® for Best TV Series – Drama. Continuing the shows success, actor Christian Slater received the Golden Globe® for Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Limited-Series or TV Movie for his brilliant performance as mysterious hacktivist and shadowy title character Mr. Robot.

The entire first season of Mr Robot is available to stream now on Presto, with season two arriving first on Presto in 2016.

Other Presto content to secure Golden Globe Awards® today include Mad Men (Best Actor in a TV Series – Jon Hamm) and The Affair (Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Limited-Series or TV Movie – Maura Tierney). Every episode of Mad Men (Seasons 1-7) is available now on Presto, along with Season 1 of The Affair.

Presto TV CEO Shaun James said: “We are thrilled to offer more 2016 Golden Globe Award® winning TV shows than any other Australian streaming service. From the heart-thumping suspense of Mr Robot to the provocative and intriguing drama The Affair or the mid-century cool of Mad Men – there are thousands of hours of critically-acclaimed, bingeworthy television available on Presto to stream wherever and whenever you want.”

Presto is currently offering new customers a one month free trial^ of the Presto Entertainment bundle subscription, providing access to Presto’s full TV and movie libraries.

HBO miniseries THE JINX explodes on Presto this weekend

“Gut-Wrenching, Remarkable Television” – The New York Times

Presto today announced THE JINX: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst – the groundbreaking HBO documentary series that unravels one of the most notorious unsolved crimes in New York history – is now available to stream on Presto, in time for the weekend.

One of the most talked about series’ of 2015, THE JINX is a six-part examination of millionaire Robert Durst at the heart of three killings spanning four decades. The unprecedented winner of two Primetime Emmy® Awards including Outstanding Documentary Series, THE JINX is the culmination of years of work by the documentary’s director and producers Andrew Jarecki and Marc Smerling (the Oscar® nominees behind Capturing the Friedmans).

Brilliant, reclusive and the subject of relentless media scrutiny, Durst has never spoken publicly – until now. During exclusive interviews with Jarecki, he talks with startling candor, revealing secrets of a case that has baffled authorities for 30 years. This gripping miniseries tracks Jarecki as he develops a relationship with Durst, unearthing thousands of pages of hidden documents, police files, key witnesses, never-before-seen footage and private prison recordings.

The entire series of THE JINX: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (chapters 1-6) is available now on Presto.

Presto is currently offering new customers a one month free trial^ of the Presto Entertainment bundle subscription, providing access to Presto’s full TV and movie libraries.

Presto in February

Scandal season 5 returns from its mid-season hiatus express from the U.S. on Presto along with the 2016 Tropfest finalists and British favourites Little Britain, The Office and Extras

Presto today announced key programming arriving to the streaming service in February, including the return of the critically-acclaimed political drama Scandal fast-tracked from the U.S.

Also streaming in February is the best in British comedy including Little Britain starring Matt Lucas and David Walliams.

Presto adds seasons 1-3, along with Little Britain Down Under, Little Britain Christmas and Little Britain Pilot from 15 February.

Other British comedies arriving in February include Absolutely Fabulous seasons 1-5, Blackadder seasons 1-4, Keeping Up Appearances seasons 1-5, The Vicar of Dibley seasons 1-3, Extras seasons 1-2, The Office seasons 1-2, Yes Minister seasons 1-3, and Yes Prime Minister seasons 1-2.

Movie arrivals in February include the aca-awesome Pitch Perfect 2 starring Australia’s Rebel Wilson, the heart-warming and much-loved family film Shaun the Sheep and one of 2015’s biggest blockbuster films, Fast & Furious 7 starring Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker.

###February

Presto has announced the follow additions to its streaming service for February.

###TV Programming

1 February
· The Americans – season 2
· Rated A for Awesome – season 1
· The League of Super Evil – season 1
· The Adventures of Chuck & Friends – season 2
· Littlest Pet Shop – season 2
· My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic – season 2
· Pound Puppies – season 3
· Transformers Prime – season 2
· Transformers Rescue Bots – season 2
¡ Stepping Up
¡ Pretty Tough
¡ Hollywood is like High School with Money
¡ My Side of the Sky
¡ First Day
¡ Family Biz
¡ Half Moon Investigations
¡ The Assistants

3 February
· My France with Manu – season 1 (Britanny)
· My France with Manu – season 2 (Rhone Valley)
· Colin’s Ireland S1
· Colin’s Ireland S2

14 February
· Scandal – season 5b fast-tracked from the U.S.

15 February
· The Large Family – season 1-2
· Charlie and Lola – seasons 1-3
· 3rd and Bird – seasons 1-2
· Sarah and Duck – season 1
· Woolly and Tig – season 1
· Deadly 60 – season 1-3
· MI High – season 1, 2 and 7
· Horrible Histories – season 1, 2 and 6
· Andy’s Wild Adventures – season 1
¡ Sadies J - season 1
· Mr Blooms Nursery – season 3
· Horrible Histories – season 5
¡ Charlie and Lola Autumn Special
¡ Charlie and Lola Xmas Special
¡ Absolutely Fabulous Xmas 2004
¡ Absolutely Fabulous Xmas 2011
¡ Absolutely Fabulous Xmas 2002
· Absolutely Fabulous – season 1-5
· Blackadder – seasons 1-4
· Blackadder’s Christmas Carol
· Keeping Up Appearances – season 1-5
¡ Keeping Up Appearances Xmas Special 93
¡ Keeping Up Appearances Xmas Special 94
¡ Keeping Up Appearances Xmas 1991
¡ Keeping Up Appearances Xmas Special 95
· Vicar of Dibley – seasons 1-3
¡ Vicar of Dibley Easter Special 96
¡ Vicar of Dibley Xmas Special 96
¡ Vicar of Dibley Xmas Special 97
¡ Vicar of Dibley Xmas 2006
¡ Vicar of Dibley Xmas 2004
¡ The Extras Xmas 2007
· The Extras – season 1-2
· The Office – seasons 1-2
¡ The Office Christmas Special 2003
· Yes Minister – seasons 1-3
· Yes Prime Minister – seasons 1-2
¡ Little Britain Down Under
¡ Little Britain Pilot
· Little Britain – seasons 1-3
¡ Little Britain Xmas 2006

###Movies
¡ Masquerade (2 Feb)
¡ Song One (3 Feb)
¡ Random Hearts (4 Feb)
· Pan’s Labyrinth (4 Feb)
¡ Ice Harvest, The (4 Feb)
¡ Big (4 Feb)
¡ Oscar (4 Feb)
¡ Norma Rae (4 Feb)
¡ Maggie (5 Feb)
¡ Pocahontas II: Journey To A New World (5 Feb)
¡ Pocahontas (5 Feb)
¡ Bachelor, The (5 Feb)
¡ Hills Have Eyes II, The (5 Feb)
¡ Hills Have Eyes, The (5 Feb)
¡ Life-Size (6 Feb)
¡ Hannibal (6 Feb)
¡ Top Five (6 Feb)
¡ Pitch Perfect 2 (7 Feb)
¡ Blank Check (7 Feb)
¡ Last Emperor, The (10 Feb)
¡ Samba (11 Feb)
¡ Mexican, The (11 Feb)
¡ License To Drive (11 Feb)
¡ Gamer (12 Feb)
¡ Drop Dead Fred (12 Feb)
¡ Velvet Goldmine (12 Feb)
¡ All About Steve (12 Feb)
· Jennifer’s Body (12 Feb)
¡ Welcome To The Jungle (12 Feb)
¡ Shaun The Sheep (13 Feb)
¡ Lizzie McGuire Movie, The (13 Feb)
¡ D Train, The (13 Feb)
¡ Frighteners, The (13 Feb)
¡ Water Horse, The (14 Feb)
¡ Kramer vs. Kramer (14 Feb)
· I Hate Valentine’s Day (14 Feb)
¡ Deer Hunter, The (14 Feb)
¡ Music Of The Heart (14 Feb)
¡ Gondola With The Wind (14 Feb)
¡ Producers, The (16 Feb)
¡ An Unmarried Woman (17 Feb)
¡ Men At Work (18 Feb)
¡ Philadelphia (18 Feb)
¡ Muse, The (18 Feb)
¡ Little Black Book (19 Feb)
¡ Hostel (19 Feb)
¡ Hostel: Part II (19 Feb)
¡ Buried (20 Feb)
¡ Gunman, The (20 Feb)
¡ Stuck In Love (20 Feb)
¡ Nightcrawler (20 Feb)
¡ We Need to Talk About Kevin (21 Feb)
¡ Wall-E (21 Feb)
¡ How I Got Into College (25 Feb)
¡ Good Lie, The (26 Feb)
¡ Last Knights (26 Feb)
¡ Peacemaker, The (26 Feb)
¡ Perfect Man, The (26 Feb)
¡ Wicker Park (27 Feb)
¡ Dinner For Schmucks (27 Feb)
¡ Last Airbender, The (27 Feb)
¡ Zathura: A Space Adventure (28 Feb)
¡ Sense And Sensibility (28 Feb)
¡ Fast & Furious 7 (28 Feb)

###Curated special collections
‘Cinematic Sisterhoods’
• Pitch Perfect 2
• Thelma & Louise
• 9 to 5
• Sucker Punch
• Kill Bill
• Coyote Ugly
• Hanging Up
• Twitches Too
• Spice World
• Hocus Pocus
• Wild Child
• The Women
• Sex and the City
• Crimes of the Heart
• The Witches of Eastwick
• Romy and Michele
• The Jane Austen Book Club
• Friends With Money
• The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

‘Love Hurts: Anti-Valentine’s Day’
• Kill Bill
• Basic Instinct
• Mr and Mrs Smith
• Far From Heaven
• Taxi Driver
• The Shining
• The Weather Man
• Home Sweet Hell
• Before I Go To Sleep
• Black Widow

‘Shocking True Crime ’
• The Jinx
• Cocaine Cowboys
• Cocaine Cowboys II
• The Imposter
• Louis Theroux: Miami Mega Jail
• Cronulla Riots: The Day That Shocked The Nation
• Superthief
• Louis Theroux: Behind Bars
• Kennedy’s Suicide Bomber
• $uperthie

‘Double Trouble’
• Wayne’s World 1+ 2
• Ace Ventura 1 + 2
• Austin Powers 1 + 2
• Scary Movie 1 + 2
• Harold and Kumar 1 + 2
• Rush Hour 1 + 1
• Aladdin 1 + 2
• Homeward Bound 1 + 2
• Kill Bill 1 + 2
• Legally Blonde 1 + 2

1 Like

Ive been watching always greener on presto. I can now see why the show didn’t last. Too many unlikeable characters. And very narrow minded storylines.

The first season or two was pretty solid. Went downhill in the third from memory.

I didn’t realise there was a third season.

There wasn’t.

Well, we are talking 15 odd years ago! I was thinking of how it started on Sundays, then moved to Mondays before going back to Sundays. But now that I think of it, one of those was a midseason move.

1 Like

I have no idea. I was a lot younger. But I remember enjoying it when i was younger but watching it now I just understand why it didnt last. Unlikeable characters and narrow minded story lines. A lot different to Secret Life of Us which i have on dvd and is light years ahead.

Isn’t this the girl off the show ? https://twitter.com/tashlee?lang=en Entertainment Editor Australia/New Zealand at Yahoo7 ?

Yeah, she was the youngest daughter of the character played by John Howard.

Went to go watch scandal tonight and its not on there yet. Wasnt this going to come out same time as the US?

It’s not on Canadian Netflix either. Maybe we have to wait 24 hours?

Edit: it appeared this morning on Netflix

Presto has today announced the appointment of Match Media to handle all of its media activity following a quiet review of the market.

Presto Marketing Director Sally Kiernan said: “Presto’s first year has seen huge growth and success, with thanks to the incredible support throughout this critical launch phase from our shareholder’s in-house media team and supporting media agency, Mindshare. We are thrilled to welcome Match Media as our dedicated media partner as we enter our second year, and look forward to working closely together.”

John Preston, CEO of Match Media, said “Presto is now one of Match’s biggest clients, and we are hugely excited about working with the Presto team. The category is challenging, highly competitive and continually evolving. Bringing all the media services under one roof gives Presto the ability to move swiftly to deliver Presto its rightful share of the streaming category.”

The appointment of Match is immediate with Match taking on the consolidated media task this month. Match will work closely with Presto’s creative agency, Whybin TBWA Sydney.

so will this mean Wall-E, Absolutely Fabulous, The Office, Welcome to the Jungle (aka “The Rundown”), Kill Bill 1 + 2 and Mr and Mrs Smith will be removed from Netflix Australia?

They have some good content is a pitty that the website interface is slow and clunky and is in need of a revamp desperately. Also the ability to properly Chromecast the content and have it work 100% of the time would be a nice improvement. They seem to pay an obscene amount of money on advertising without thinking about the actual user experience.

Presto today announced the exclusive SVOD premiere of the cheeky Showtime documentary series 7 Deadly Sins from acclaimed, Oscar®-nominated documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me). Hosted by Spurlock, this stylised documentary series takes an in-depth look at each of the seven deadly sins – one per episode – told through Spurlock’s unique and extreme lens.

Dark, twisted and wildly entertaining, 7 Deadly Sins proves that truth really is stranger than fiction. Spurlock presents an outrageous, modern day interpretation of the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride. Each episode presents a story around one of the sins that is so extreme you won’t believe it’s non-fiction. It’s humanity like you’ve never seen it, and you won’t be able to look away.

“For years, I’ve wanted to do an Alfred Hitchcock Presents style show comprised completely of non-fiction stories,” said Spurlock. “A series just as dark and twisted as anything fiction could imagine, and now I’m thrilled to have that dream come true with 7 DEADLY SINS. You won’t believe it until you see it … and even then, you may not believe it.”

Morgan Spurlock is a New York-based writer, director and producer. His first film, Super Size Me, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2004, winning Best Directing honors. The film went on to win the inaugural Writers Guild of America best documentary screenplay award and garnered an Academy Award®-nomination for Best Feature Documentary. Since then, he has directed, produced and distributed multiple film and television projects, including the critically-acclaimed FX television series, 30 Days and the films Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden, Confessions of a Superhero, Czech Dream, Chalk, The Future of Food, What Would Jesus Buy?, the WGA Award-winning and Emmy®-nominated The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special: In 3-D! On Ice!, Freakonomics, POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Comic-Con: Episode IV - A Fan’s Hope and Mansome. Current projects include the hit CNN television series Morgan Spurlock: Inside Man.

All episodes of 7 Deadly Sins are available to stream now on Presto.

For new subscribers, Presto is currently offering a one month free trial of the Presto Entertainment bundle subscription, providing access to Presto’s full TV and movie libraries.

www.presto.com.au