7flix - Programs and Schedules

7flix seems to be aiming more at the female targeted audience.

1 Like

Yes you can recognise Adam DeVine who was in the movie and is on Modern Family

Literally looks like this except with movies, a few added shows like Seinfield on the side, and a children’s offering during the day.

Features shows included Grey’s, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder and The Mindy Project. Can’t see how you couldn’t call that female skewing.

They even used footage from ABC’s TGIT promos for their drama offerings.

I am glad How to Get Away With Murder, Scandal, Greys and Once Upon A Time will be somewhere but I do think it needed to be a bit more specific and just stick to movies. Hopefully this means Scandal etc will be fast tracked.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to offer any new content based on that promo, though that might change. The possible advantage it might off is better and more regular timeslots for some of those US dramas, hopefully closer to their US broadcast time. I’m pretty sue that it was intentional to have Once Upon a Tome pop up as the first drama seen in the promo. Can’t see much value in the movies though.

Scandal is being fast tracked “exclusively” on Presto.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/presto/190/5?u=tv.cynic

1 Like

I thought they would be offering something new or announce a partnership with a US network for content.

Would this mean they play the TV shows from ep1 S1? I’ve missed so much of OUAT and was just thinking about doing something about that.

Even so, I’m thinking 7Flix will air the new season of Grey’s and HTGAWM fast-tracked now that the mid-season hiatus is (soon) over. Possibly the same with Once Upon A Time when it premieres in March.

They’ll have to if they want to see some decent ratings during primetime.

WOO HOO!!

Who kept going on about a movie channel??

Brilliant :slight_smile:

BCM to launch it Sunday week…

The 7flix logo posted by NewsWeary 4 days ago turns out to be correct.

4 Likes

BCM ?

Slogan could be 7flix and chill

2 Likes

Tonight’s announcement poses more questions than answers really. For example:

• How will the channel be structured? 7flix is an odd name for a channel that (according to the promos) going to combine movies, dramas and kids programming
  • Is the channel going to have new programming for it or is it going to simply use shows a Seven currently has the rights to?
  • Why is 7flix going to be on Ch 76? Seven are going to have a situation where a datacasting advertising-funded channel takes priority in the EPG over two of their own channels
4 Likes

I think they went for the rhyme… “Catch 7flix on channel seventy-six”.

Wtf?

2 Likes

Because Flix rhymes with Six.

The whole point of infomercial channels is to sell advertising - why would networks want to hide them?

Broadcast Centre Melbourne - as if it was ever in doubt that Seven would do playout of Seven’s new channel…

Seven may have to close one of datacasting channels to ensure 7flix has enough broadcast bandwidth.

Sunday week? The last I checked, February 28 is three weeks from now Luke! :wink:

And they will show “chic flix” and “kids flix”…