Pointless

I have only recently got into this show but I love it. Its no worse than the other game shows airing in Australia at the moment. At least its something different from the usual game shows we get here.

There are too many pop music questions but other than that I find the actual quiz part of the show pretty interesting most of the time. They go to a lot of trouble to have variety in the subjects and the forms of the questions. I think it’s a very well designed format too - with teams of two rather than individuals, no conferring for the first two rounds, the last round fitting the title and the money being hard to win, etc. I just wish the ABC would get some new series. Are they so cash-strapped that they have to have series 9, 10 and 11 from five years ago on infinite repeat?

Promo for Pointless audience

Note: “Pointless” is not a new Ten slogan :yum:

8 Likes

Somehow I feel that this show is going to be somewhat ‘pointless’ to Ten’s dead 6pm schedule (see what I did there), but that’s just me perhaps.

you obviously aren’t aware of rumours, are that Ten will do away with game shows at 6pm weekdays

From the Pointless filming sessions, it doesn’t look like it. I doubt it will be just a once a week show.

it could mean a new slot for the game show.

I think the rumours are a long term thing. No way ten are going to suddenly ratify their schedule.

I just think the format of Pointless will be hard to compress into a 30 minute format, hence why people are suggesting a move to 5pm might be possible.

If it’s 6pm, when does Family Feud’s final ep go to air?

Sunday July 22nd I’m pretty sure.

Channel Ten have been airing promos like this similar to Million Dollar Minute in 2013/15.

Starts with a Pointless question and after the break you have to answer with the pointless answer

I expect there’ll be an announcement regarding presenter and off-sider this weekend considering the show starts taping next week.

1 Like

I hope those graphics aren’t a sign of things to come, typical beige corporate Ten garbage. Ten would have been wise to follow Seven’s example and created a faithful replica of the original but instead I’m convinced they are going to ‘enhance’ the format for local audiences which will only ruin it.

4 Likes

Listening to that promo, the very last 1-2 seconds I can hear the UK Pointless “theme”, which is somewhat encouraging

3 Likes

What exactly is going to happen to the UK version?

I’d imagine the ABC can’t possibly have it running at the same time as the Australian version, can they?

They are only showing repeats from 2014, so not sure they will be affected. I assume Ten only has the rights for the Australian version and doesn’t have control over the original.

Who’ll Host the Australian Version of Pointless is the Question?

Chrissy Swan

1 Like

Well given that this show is essentially reverse Family Feud, it will probably be someone very tall.