Pointless

You just shot yourselves in the foot. “Everything is down”. Simpson’s was never a major success at 6pm in comparison to news and now it wouldn’t rate any better than a multichannel figure according to your statement above…
So they might as well just shut down then? Simpson’s or nothing? Ten can’t get simpsons and won’t get Simpsons. End of story, don’t like it change the channel and jog on.
We can all live in the past with hopes but the world keeps changing and evolving.
It’s honestly a broken record convo… so I shall end that there. You’re going to obsess no matter and it’s been the same whining for years from you about it.
I live for the day it gets axed.

Moving back on top and away from a cartoon.
Pointless in my opinion should have been cancelled at the end of last year. A whole rethink of that early time slot format needs to change. 15 min news bytes and other content mixed around it might work? A new idea?

3 Likes

Perhaps a news only version of the project for half an hour. Crossing to reporters around the country and an in-depth feature of the main national story of the day. Not sure what else.

Pointless is struggling big time. It’s a decent show, however the mainstream won’t watch it as they probably don’t understand it and it’s somewhat cheap with its tight arse prize money

3 Likes

At least they know what it is. Ask them if they watch Pointless

My non-Simpsons idea was always for Ten to start primetime proper at 6pm. Basically their strongest shows like Masterchef starting at 6pm.

Na, 6pm is too early for families to settle down for the night.

It’s hard to disagree with these comments.

You know the program isn’t the best fit for Ten when even the Goggleboxers (who in recent seasons, have been mostly positive in their commentary of Network Ten programs IIRC) were bagging Pointless last year with comments to the effect of “the name of the show says it all” and quips about other elements of the show such as the pathetic grand prize of only $2000! :open_mouth:

Really? Not a ringing endorsement if they avoid it like the plague.

I’ve enjoyed watching Pointless, but with the ratings it has been getting, i cant see it in the same timeslot for long.

Out of curiosity, is it worth airing it on Ten (10) in an afternoon slot? They dont give much prizemoney. Could air at 3.30? After Jusge Judy and before the 4pm cooking shows (like Justine Schofield’s show), perhaps? Could build up the daytime momentum into primetime? (Wishful thinking)

1 Like

At least with Family Feud there was some excitement from the spontaneous answers and people could properly play along at home. Pointless is too…sophisticated…

2 Likes

I feel like Pointless is much more fun to play than Family Feud. FF was all about Denyer, whereas Mark/Andrew have great chemistry and allow the contestants to shine as well.

4 Likes

Each to their own. But I know in my family and with friends, they all used to play along to FF and yell out answers. Pointless comes on and its over to the news.

2 Likes

It’s the exact same thing though, you just have to think of an answer nobody would give as opposed to the most obvious one :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah but the first thing to pop into your head is easier than obscure things. Maybe im wrong, I don’t know. But I know of a heap of people who loved FF and avoid pointless because its “Not Fun”

3 Likes

I love the show, and this may seem stupid, but I do find the set too dark and I wonder if people don’t find it welcoming. The black can be pretty overwhelming.

I guess it comes down to whether people want something easy or something with a bit of a challenge at 6pm

3 Likes

watching Mark Ferguson on Channel 7 Sydney?

9 Likes

I totally agree. Same situation in my household.

1 Like

Yeah, and I think most people want something easy. Its the end of the day, time to unwind, If they wanted Serious they would watch the 6pm news. FF was light hearted fun that the family could all enjoy.

3 Likes

Have to agree with Travis, the ratings decay shows people are unable to play along with Pointless.

2 Likes

I have never seen a production company desperate for studio audience.