Pointless

I agree with that.

But with how Pointless has been performing recently, I get the distinct impression there’d probably be speculation about the long term viability of the network (if not the Australian television industry as a whole) if a program on the main channel of Seven or Nine were to receive similar figures! :confused:

1 Like

It isn’t rating well but it’s pointless (pun intended) to do something else that will probably do the same or even worse in the timeslot. Rumours suggest Celebrity Name Game might replace Pointless but that’s an even worse show than Pointless (plus another dose of Denyer which is yuck).

Having said that, I do feel Pointless would be better at 5pm where it would receive modest figures 300K, with 10 News First going to 5:30 and be able to catch an audience that’s just arriving home.

2 Likes

Fair point I suppose. And yeah, we certainly don’t need more of Grant Denyer on our screens - right up there with Dr Chris & Julia as being one of Ten’s most overexposed personalities!

Mark Humphries is decent enough talent though. If it wasn’t for the ABC’s 7.30 program picking him up, I’d think he’d do a really good job of satirical news segments on The Project (think a similar style to his work for The Feed)! :slight_smile:

As I’ve said before, I personally think Pointless would work better on the ABC or SBS as a lead-in to their main evening news bulletins.

When you think about it, Pointless is kind of like the game/quiz show equivalent of the short lived 6PM/6.30 with George Negus. A worthy enough program, but not really one that appeals to a mainstream commercial TV audience and especially Ten’s!

Soon enough FF reruns will probably return to 6pm with the audience levels of this show

1 Like

Look it’s a good show but the ratings are diabolical and surely unsustainable. If they’re happy with 200k let them put something cheap there and just leave it. Clearly nothing will ever work at 6 for ten.

3 Likes

Don’t you mean nothing will never work at all for 10? :wink::joy:

I’d be up for Family Feud reruns on BOLD or Peach

Would airing reruns of 2.5men in place of Pointless rate better ?

I doubt it. Anyone who wanted to watch that show would have seen it many times over on Nine.

2 Likes

The only acceptable replacement for Pointless would be a revival of The Roast

3 Likes

That’s an odd way to spell Sale of the Century.

6 Likes

6pm is always going to be 7 and 9 with news…

and 10 with Simpsons.

I can’t believe Pointless has not been axed. How low do the ratings need to go?

Seriously?

It’s the only show that has ever worked for them at 6pm. Why they don’t go to FOX and buy Seasons 1-9 (which Seven apparently don’t have the rights) it would at least solve one of their problems.

If people really want to watch episodes of The Simpsons from more than two decades ago, surely they can buy the DVDs or get a Foxtel subscription for FOX8? :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, buying a 25 year old episodes of a show that is multichannel fodder these days to run at 6pm on the main channel will fix that problem.
You realise how silly that sounds right?

3 Likes

Yes and it’s now 2019 and the TV landscape has since changed to when it ran at 6pm every night.
There’s no way the audience would resemble the same in this day and age.
Move on ole fella. There’s no way 10 would go to fox to buy episodes :joy:

1 Like

:+1: At Christmas, I asked a group of teens whether they watched The Simpsosns. Their response was “Only old people watch that!” :laughing:

What’s silly is wasting money producing these shows like Family Feud and Pointless knowing there’s no chance of success against Seven/Nine News.

Every show in every timeslot is the same. We know FTA is dying and won’t survive past 2030.

1 Like