Pointless

They’re still casting for the show.

Most of them are probably die hard Family Feud fans. I seriously can’t fathom how anyone could watch that show.

1 Like

They are doing more episodes? This is a worry.

1 Like

When Pointless is axed, will they bring back Family Feud or revive Deal or No Deal/Wheel of Fortune which were popular game shows during their heyday

I think they need to move away from the gameshow genre slightly. I vote for Come Dine With Me Australia!

3 Likes

Yep new auditions held this week. I had been asked to come along to Sydney but given I’m in Melbourne and they said they don’t pay for airfares even if you’re successful it didn’t seem like a worthwhile trip. Every other game show I’ve ever known has paid for flights for contestants who get past the audition stage.

I do think the prize money needs to be $5000 per night and then build the pool from there.

1 Like

No it wouldn’t be worth it. The prize money wouldn’t even really justify the airfare.

1 Like

The show just needs to be moved to a different timeslot and some promotion, there is nothing really wrong with it.

1 Like

No I really like the show. Just isn’t working. It just makes me wonder whether a gameshow is the right way to go.

Go Pointless, but it’s really Pointless for me to say I love this show and have seen every episode so far! :smile: Unfortunately there are too many oldies stuck on 9 and 7 watching (pointless) news and crappy shows like ACA. Don’t admonish me, I’m an oldie. :crazy_face::

Way too many puns.

Really? Turdall the punster killer! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

How much do you think 10 makes for ad revenue from pointless? I wonder whether they could offer ad free to encourage viewers back.

I actually thought the same thing the other week. Surely given that the audience is so low during that timeslot they couldn’t be making much from it, if they worked in some product integration or placement like HYBPA did then they could try going ad free during 6pm and using that as a point of differed and ideally give the show the extra time it needs.

See I actually watched the British version on ABC or something the other week and I seemed to enjoy it more than ours. It was very similar just longer but for some reason I seemed to take it more seriously. I just think the show works as a more serious game show and doesn’t suit being so short at 6pm weeknights. It probably doesn’t really fit with 10 or the demographics that they are going for which is a problem, and the fact that they don’t get through much in 30 min episodes is probably the main problem/

1 Like

Nice to see the Family Feud fans still have an axe to grind

Although surely the ratings have been well below par (unfortunately it wouldn’t shock me if recent five city combined figures have been below 100k) even by Channel Ten at 6pm standards?

1 Like

I would still prefer this show to Family Feud, which is past its use-by-date. Yet there are still people who want Family Feud back! Give me a break…

2 Likes