Pointless

:hocho::hocho::hocho::hocho::hocho: are out.

Mark getting desperate for ratings now.

1 Like

He has a point.

I actually don’t mind pointless, but it was never going to be successful in that timeslot and condensed so much into 30 mins.

It’s also possibly on the wrong network, but I don’t see why Ten couldn’t make it work earlier.

Be interesting to see if we know about any changes to the early evening lineup around this time tomorrow…

1 Like

Ahh, I see what you did there! :wink:

Pointless would probably be a great program on the ABC or SBS leading to their news, but bridging the gap between the 5pm news and The Project on Ten? Hmm, not sure about that.

1 Like

Hope they announce the axing of pointless tomorrow. Enjoyed FF 1000X More. Now its the news at 6pm for me :frowning:

2 Likes

Apparently Deal or No Deal is replacing Pointless according to Kevin Perry.

1 Like

where is this mentioned?

Shame if its true, I was sincerely hoping for the Sale of the Century

Kevin Perry’s Twitter.

Thanks I’ve seen it now through here

1 Like

And so the revolving door of gameshows begins.

2 Likes

I can’t see Pointless running after Easter by the looks of it.

1 Like

Could do a test run with this over ‘non-ratings’. :smiley:

Why on earth does a Finance network have a game show? Next we’ll be getting re-runs of Hot Seat on Your Money.

6 Likes

Well, maybe the multichannels will be less focused on one genre and will become more like the multichannels in Australia.

Sure, pose it as a question so the wild speculation can be dismissed as such once it turns out to be false.

Is Family Double Dare the show to replace Pointless??

1 Like

Easter? That’s a bit generous. With the ratings of late (hasn’t it recently struggled to stay above the 300k and even the 200k mark?), I’d honestly be surprised if Pointless was still on the air in 2019!

Again, I probably should stress that I see absolutely no joy in TV programs being axed if that results in job losses - particularly in behind the scenes/production roles. But the cold hard reality of the Australian television industry is that shows need to rate if they’re to have any chance of being renewed.

4 Likes

If they just keep the revolving game show door open, they won’t have job losses right? That’s how it works right? Right?

pisstake aside, wouldn’t be a half crocked idea to just recycle the current staff on Pointless to the new gameshow. They’re all competent in their current job, so their skills wouldn’t go amiss with the same theory, different application/content.

If anything, Rochie could be the assistant from 8 out of 10 cats does countdown

2 Likes

We’ve already heard that they’ve filmed enough episodes for the show to run into January 2019.

2 Likes

I saw an ad for audience tickets this week…

The link to audience tickets on the TenPlay website says the event has ended.