Pointless

Week of Winners promo, I’ve heard an ad for this on Nova Brisbane a couple of times today as well.

2 Likes

What’s the incentive to watch the final round then since you already know everyone wins the jackpot this week?

The show is now offering viewers a chance to win a holiday in Los Cabos, Mexico.

1 Like

I dont think anything will lure viewers now. I stopped watching it last week because I don’t like how rushed it is and that there is barely any interaction with the contestants.

1 Like

A fairly long Pointless preview is airing between HYBPA? and Street Smart tonight, appears to be just winners.

1 Like

That Pointless preview was really strange. It ran for 3:30 mins

1 Like

What a boring show. It’s goodbye from me. Goodbye! :sunglasses:

1 Like

One of the best shows on TV at present!

I enjoy it as well - my favourite thing is the fact it’s 30 min. The Chase and Hot Seat really just drag on at an hour.

3 Likes

That’s the main thing I hate about. It’s way too rushed compared to the original, especially the final round. I also hate that they dont show the pointless answers on screen for the people watching at home.

1 Like

I’m warming to the show, not really appointment viewing for me though.

People complaining its rushed…you’ll probably complain if it was the full hour too! :joy:

2 Likes

I know I wouldn’t because that’s the my biggest complaint of the show. I have no problems with the UK version. It’s not like the first half hour of The Project rates anyway so they could easily make Pointless longer if the wanted to.

It’s also not like a longer Pointless is going to rate higher than The Project.

And would probably cost more to produce (ie only producing 4x 45 minute episodes per day rather than 5x 30 minute episodes).

I hadn’t watched the UK version until after I saw the local adaption. I found it painfully slow. I like the fast paced half hour format,

4 Likes

Is it me or has something changed on the show tonight? The audience seemed a lot louder and more prominent throughout the show.

1 Like

If you never saw the UK version you probably wouldn’t have a problem with it. You’re comparing the version that is produced by the BBC and the one that’s on a Commercial station. I think 30 mins is enough.

Yeah they have been told to ham it up a bit I think especially with the whooping as the scores count down on the board. I don’t mind it - adds a bit more excitement I think.

1 Like

Agreed.