Perth Telethon

We’re at the stage where Stokes is going to personally top it up every year to break the last years record.

4 Likes

Thank you Perth Telethon. You have set a new record for the money raised during the telethon.

McGowan’s $10 million was an unexpected surprise. What an awesome way to end the night.

6 Likes

More than $62 million raised this year easily beating last year’s record. Well done WA

3 Likes

Sheesh, too much Basil. He’s already increasingly on the nose - Perth’s Eddie everywhere.

4 Likes

Incredible how the total has dramatically increased from about $9 million in 2010 to $62 million in 2021.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Telethon also got a brief mention on Seven News Melbourne this evening.

3 Likes

At least Lisa Scaffodi actually cared about people and her city. This guy doesnt from what i have heard from people back in W.A

Yes well done to those who in W.A who donated. :slight_smile:

Between 1am and 7am, Telethon broadcast from the phone room with no studio audience and no live entertainment. They had some hosts doing some bits and pieces and also showed old performances from over the decades. That was it.

Wonder if this will become standard going forward?

It’s better than nothing as we saw in 2020, but I suspect it won’t always stay that way when they have more interstate talent available to fill the show up during primetime again in the years to come.

4 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that the telecast used to run commercial free right throughout the night, then in the early 80’s they started including commercial breaks.

Actually the whole of telethon use to run 24 hr commercial free,

I could be wrong because I only saw bits and pieces as I am on the east coast but they seemed to have a lot of local bands after 11 pm.

Local Perth bands played Telethon from 10.15 to around 1am

1 Like

That’s what I meant. 24 hours including right through out the night.

The Cheap Seats tonight showed some of the funnier segments from the overnight session.

I wouldn’t call them funny lol

Terrible perhaps.

Welcome to Telethon: After Dark.

2 Likes

back in the 1970s, Adelaide’s Channel 10 telethon used to go overnight and the content was a little bit loose in those late hours, where even Winky Dink and Rock Wallaby were getting into it at about 3am!

YouTube: back994

1 Like