Perth Telethon

It’s all about him and boosting his profile. Unfortunately for Basil, the more people see him and learn about him the less they like him.

1 Like

They were both recorded in Sydney.

Telethon moves to RAC Arena from this year.

The broadcast will be October 22 & 23.

4 Likes

Strange decision to have it at the arena🤷‍♂️

1 Like

What is odd is Baz has been spruiking it all ‘telethon is coming to the City of Perth’…

Errrm pretty sure the PCEC is in the City of Perth.

I doubt there will be many wide shots of the empty upper seats outside of the opening and closing shows

The arena is 1km away from the PCEC, So it’s hardly like its being moved from Fremantle to the actual City. But I guess he needs to try hype it up given he is the Mayor and main host of Telethon.

Nelson Aspen, who finished as “daily” showbiz editor on Sunrise today, had confirmed that he would appear at Telethon this October during his book tour of Australia.

2 Likes

Good to see him though, I actually liked him on Sunrise as the showbiz editor. Thats nice he is going to the Perth Telethon during October.

1 Like

Actually not missing Basil presenting 7 sport at all
Ryan Daniels (Sports Editor) doing a great job​:clap::clap:

I’d wager most people aren’t missing him on TV.

2 Likes

Tickets to the opening and closing shows at this year’s Telethon go on sale at Ticketek today at 11am Perth time (1pm AEST).

Apart from Nelson Aspen, Kochie and Nat from Sunrise, Larry Emdur (The Morning Show, The Chase Australia) and Home and Away stars Lynne McGranger, Ada Nicodemou and Matt Evans will also appear, with more names to be revealed over the next month.

1 Like

Very, very weak lineup so far.

Seems the usual fare so far (Sunrise and H&A)

Do we even still need telethons anymore?

That’s a ‘fishing for a bite’ comment if ever I saw one.

3 Likes

Says someone from the east with no clue.

4 Likes

Just to further clarify my point, I live in WA. Been in WA ever since i came back from UK.

I know the point of telethon , but with linear tv pretty much a dying brand (in my opinion) is there a point for a traditional telethon when you can donate money to your favourite charity.

Its probably cheap to prooduce for just 24 hours live television for any kind of telethon , but i do question whether its still viable to do that is all im saying.

Until the government funds hospitals properly, probably.

The fact that the Perth telethon is the best in the country and well known for raising millions each year says it will stay for a while yet. I’m not sure about all the other ones but this one Is far too successful to suddenly stop running.

Oh. And someone can check this I’m pretty sure Telethon is a charity in it’s self.

1 Like