Perth Telethon

Sunrise report

4 Likes

It’s 7plus from 9:30p.m. AEDST for me.

A snap of Telethon host Basil Zempilas with WA premier Mark McGowan on the couch (watching via 7Plus). They have been discussing mostly about how the state has been able to live normally during a global pandemic.

3 Likes

I saw the donations on the ticker and noticed that someone from North Melbourne donated some money. It was quite strange to see a person outside from WA donating to Perth telethon7.

3 Likes

5 Likes

A little awkward that Mark Readings is featured in a pre-recorded Telethon segment tonight, when he was only let off from Seven recently. :grimacing:

Haha I said the same thing.

Not a bad show so far. They are obviously missing the network stars from the east, but doing a good job with the talent they have.

4 Likes

Why do they always use that ugly looking live watermark?

1 Like

Actually, The Edith Cowan University Post-Graduate Broadcast Team did the Overnight shift from the Teleroom, Plenty of faves we’ll get to Know in the next Few Years.

1 Like

5 Likes

$29,002,541 was considered a good amount of money just 5 years ago.

Isn’t it now?

4 Likes

Do they usually break for Sunrise during Telethon? I didn’t think they did in the past

They have done somewhat in the past. Usually for an hour or so. I’d say given the lack of a availability of the east coast network stars this is a once off.

Has varied year to year.

There was efforts about a decade ago to try and integrate the Sunday Weekend Sunrise into Telethon a bit but that ended relatively quickly.

3 Likes

Sunrise broadcasted from Perth in 2007 on the Monday after Telethon

3 Likes
6 Likes

From the Dianella studios which is long since demolished

Telethon drawing to a close - Kerry Stokes contributes cheque to take total over $50m for the first time

Then additional contributions from the Premiere Mark McGowan - his family, WA Labor and WA Govt ($10m).

6 Likes

A new record for Western Australia! More than $52m raised after $46m last year in challenging times.