Parental Guidance

1 Like

This is not a show that belongs right in the middle of the ratings season. Belongs in December and January as filler.

This show well and truly needs me to host and give an opinion. :rofl:

There are some parents who need their kids removed from them, and followed up with castration.

There are some kids who should be castrated now so that their defective genes are not passed on because they are shit human beings.

I’m right and you lot know it. I’m doing my bit by not breeding. :rofl:

I’d watch you just for the LOLs.

But you would learn. I’ve seen what shitty parenting leads to - shitty kids.

I’m Wanking for the World’s Benefit™. :rofl:

Season 2 final is on Tuesday 20 June.

Looks like they’ve figured out that 9 episodes last season was overload and trimmed it down to 6 for everyone’s benefits.

1 Like

Yes, trimmed down to seven episodes.

1 Like

I feel like the parents are told to overact with their facial expressions like they do on MAFS. Is it filmed in the same building ad MAFS?

1 Like

“It’s not a competition” sure - that’s why there’s a grand finale.

3 Likes

Has it been pushed to 8pm due to lower ratings?

1 Like

Yes - also 60 Minutes did well at 7pm last week.

2 Likes

HONEST PARENTING

WINS OVER THE PANEL IN PARENTAL GUIDANCE

A raw and straightforward approach has been voted as Australia’s best parenting style as Kat, this season’s Honest Parent, is crowned the winner of Channel 9’s Parental Guidance by her parenting peers.

Kat, a single mother of twins, was one of 12 sets of parents who bravely took centre stage for their unique, distinctly different parenting perspectives and methods to be meticulously unpacked, judged and scrutinised under the guidance of host Ally Langdon and parenting expert Dr Justin Coulson.

Throughout the series Kat earned admiration and respect for being able to perfectly balance a discerning side glance with unwavering love and an endearing dedication to enjoyment at every opportunity.

But ultimately it was tonight’s extreme wilderness mission tasked to Kat and the three other parenting style finalists (Team, American and Lighthouse) that saw her win the vote of the room for her innate “go get ’em” attitude and commitment to fostering a collaborative and fun family unit.

While Kat’s journey to victory was not as straightforward as her parenting style, she would not change a thing.

Kat said: “I’m the first to admit that I’m not the perfect parent, but who is? Crikey, my child was the example of what not to do in the online gaming challenge and gave away her street address! But that was as much my mistake as hers. We both learned an invaluable lesson that day, and our recovery is what I am giving us a pat on the back for.

“Having more regular conversations about these sorts of things is now the norm thanks to this experience and the tools and tactics I’ve adopted from this elite group of humans.”

Ally Langdon said: “What an emotional rollercoaster this season was. We laughed and we cried, but that sums up parenting, right? No two days or scenarios are the same. I admire Kat for staying true to her style throughout and showing Australia that it’s just as important for parents to celebrate the highs as it is to learn from the lows. I’m over the moon for her.”

Dr Justin Coulson said: “What a great coup for Kat. She fearlessly brought a raw and authentic approach to this season that was no easy feat, especially with tough topics like bullying, stranger danger, adult content and sibling rivalry being put to the test.

“The icing on the cake of this season was being introduced to some incredible people raising incredible children, and that’s all we can ask and hope for.”

Parental Guidance was produced by Eureka Productions for the 9Network.

Once again if it is not a competition why does Nine’s media release refer to the following

“wins”
“voted as Australia’s best”
“crowned the winner”

4 Likes

And yet Nine has the audacity to claim that

1 Like

2024 Upfronts

Parental Guidance - Season 3

While there is no such thing as the perfect parent, Parental Guidance always determines the parenting style that comes close when it puts parenting styles with remarkably distinctive methods and unique approaches under the national spotlight.

The carefully selected diverse range of parents take centre stage to be unpacked, judged and scrutinised under the guidance of returning dynamic duo Ally Langdon, the esteemed host of A Current Affair, and Dr Justin Coulson, one of Australia’s most trusted parenting experts.

Each set of parents get a taste of their own medicine when it comes to report-card results as their approach to parenting is reviewed, reacted to and discussed on the Parents’ Lounge, ultimately leading to a vote for Australia’s best style.

1 Like

Jeez! Those pants are tight. I think he needed some guidance on what to wear. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

What?