Parental Guidance

THE PARENT JURY

Brave mums and dads who believe their parenting style is the best will be put to the ultimate test in The Parent Jury.

In this controversial new series, opinionated mums and dads will take turns judging each other’s parenting styles. Helicopter parents, tiger parents, free-range parents, designer parents and strict authoritarians will all show how they bring up their families with a view to convincing the group that their way is best.

1 Like

I hope this is super controversial, with lots of over the top drama !
I want heaps of bitching over parenting styles, lots of name and shame calling, kids crying, ridcule for bad parenting, ACA covers it !

It sounds like you’re a consumer of some quality programming.

2 Likes

Like Neighbours.

1 Like

Nine has told TV Blackbox that this show won’t air this year due to COVID-19 interrupting production, but remains in development until the timing is right.

1 Like

Re-confirmed at Nine’s 2021 upfronts today with Jo Frost as host.

From today’s upfronts

THE PARENT JURY

Global parenting expert Jo Frost unleashes an experiment that challenges parenting like never before in The Parent Jury . In this controversial new series, she dares mums and dads who believe their parenting style is the best to put themselves to the test.

Opinionated mothers and fathers with diverse parenting techniques will take turns judging each other’s style. From helicopter parents to tiger parents, free-range parents and social media parents to extreme authoritarians, they will all show how they raise their families while trying to influence everyone else that their way is the best.

The Parent Jury is produced by Eureka for Nine.

So Jo will fly over here or she’ll be on a tv screen i wonder… same with Celeb Apprentice with Alan Sugar, I guess they can come over here as long as they do the quarantine?

Could Ally be the studio host with Jo Frost retained as the expert?

In an interview with Mediaweek about Lego Masters, Nine’s head of content, production and development Adrian Swift has revealed The Parent Jury will now be known as Parental Guidance.

Good. They need to get away from the outdated trend of “The xxxxx” as titles for shows. They’re often meaningless and forgetful.

1 Like

Now it sounds like a show about the PG classification. Riveting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Let me guess, potential trademark/copyright issues? The anti-junk food advertising to children lobby group Parents’ Voice was previously known as The Parents Jury.

Parenting. Everyone’s got an opinion. But which way is the right way?

Ally Langdon and Australian parenting expert Dr. Justin Coulson team up with ten brave sets of parents with very different parenting styles, putting their methods to the ultimate test to determine who has Australia’s best parenting stylein Channel 9’s raw and confronting new series, Parental Guidance .

Opinionated parents with diverse parenting techniques will take turns judging each other’s style through a series of the toughest challenges ever attempted, designed to put their style to the ultimate test which typically results in chaos, tears, and very funny fails.

From helicopter parents to tiger parents, free-range and routine parents to extreme authoritarians, they will all show how they raise their families while trying to influence everyone else that their parenting style is best.

Parental Guidance takes us behind the closed family doors of parenthood, and how we ourselves were parented, to find out how to do it right, right now. When it comes to modern-day parenting, is anyone really nailing it? The search for Australia’s best parenting style is coming to Channel 9 in 2021.

Parental Guidance is produced by Eureka for the 9Network.

Just saw an extended promo for this. Looks really good.

I wonder which slot this show might air in. Could be a 7.30 show alongside Snack Masters later this year.

Here is the extended promo.

1 Like

Looks like we will have Parental Guidance on Mondays with Snackmasters on Sundays after The Block. None of those shows look like they could be stripped so what else has Nine got for Tuesday and Wednesday? Hopefully not factual repeats.