New Zealand TV

End of an era - What Now will no longer be aired live or have a studio audience from 2024, will move to a “digital-first” focus including an expansion of their YouTube presence.

Real shame how what made the show special in the first place has been consistently hacked to pieces over the past few years.

9 Likes

Yeah - this is not too surprising but still a shame regardless.
They’re right to pivot…and this might well be the canary in the coalmine for FTA channels. It’s been painfully obvious to anyone who knows a kid that has a device that FTA viewing is not part of their entertainment mix - they’re not growing up with those brands so how can they connect with them later .

6 Likes

I used to watch it growing up as a kid in the 1980’s and 1990’s. I’m suprised to find out its still running as I havent seen a single episode since 1998 or 1999 (around the last time I remember watching Saturday/Sunday morning TV).

1 Like

The return of Paddy Gower Has Issues, The Traitors NZ and Married at First Sight NZ and a drama set in post-earthquake Kaikoura all form part of Three and ThreeNow’s brand-new season offerings, Warner Bros. Discovery ANZ has announced.

4 Likes

Good to see them getting around the Motu for their stories too, not just setting things in Auckland. Ka Pai, Toru.

2 Likes

Season 2 of Parental Guidance Australia premieres on THREE this Friday (December 15) at 7.30pm. The show will return next year for a third season.

Profiles of Ally, Justin and the parents

6-part crime mystery mini-series After the Trial (international title, originally After the Verdict) will have its NZ premiere on TVNZ 1 this Saturday, December 16 at 10.50pm. It stars Magda Szubanski, Michelle Lim Davidson, Lincoln Younes and Sullivan Stapleton.

I noticed something odd with the synopsis for Christmas in the Park Auckland 2023, which was held last night and will be shown on THREE this Saturday (December 16) at 7pm. This is from Freeview NZ online guide:

I think THREE must have confused Ezra Williams with her older sister Lavina who was in the line-up according to the programme for last night. Also, Ezra is a grand finalist for The Voice Australia with the decider to air on TVNZ 2 this Friday at 7.30pm.

Update: Ezra AND Lavina performed at the event. This is from Ezra’s Instagram this afternoon.

1 Like

Back on Three, after a few years on TVNZ2?

Yep, Three gaining the broadcast rights back in 2018 after the 2015-2017 editions broadcasted on TVNZ 2.

This is a blow - always looked like they’d been quite strong even post digital and streaming .

9 Likes

Well that just sucks.

Who’s left Local TV-wise, Mainland, 45 South Oamaru, Wairarapa TV, HBTV… anyone else?

2 Likes

Delta Goodrem’s fourth annual Christmas special premieres on TVNZ 2 on Christmas Eve (Sunday) at 12.25pm, one week after the Australian broadcast.

Ahead of the premiere, TVNZ 2 will repeat last year’s show this Sunday (December 17) at 12.45pm.

Also this Sunday, TVNZ 1 will have the NZ FTA premiere of documentary John Farnham: Finding the Voice at 8.30pm.

1 Like

:rotating_light:: Three rebrand has begun, on screen bug has changed

11 Likes

It’s interesting how they’ve injected purple into it, kinda poaching the colour from TV2!

2 Likes

This could probably win the award for the slowest rollout of a rebrand ever. This updated logo has been used since September!

1 Like

You can see the difference in watermark size with this comparison that was on AM this morning.

7 Likes

ABC history series Further Back in Time for Dinner will be shown on Sky Open from Wednesday, December 27 at 7.30pm.

TVNZ+ will stream season 2 of Stan/BBC drama The Tourist from January 1, 2024, one day before its Australian premiere. It was reported during the week that Netflix has secured both seasons of The Tourist for territories outside the UK.

1 Like

I think Nine takes that cake - this flat logo has been used seldom the entire year!

1 Like

Have you looked at plus1? I think they forgot about it?

2 Likes

Yep still the same one haha. Old v New

5 Likes