Paramount+

Since I signed up for the free trial + the additional 12 months, does it automatically come out of my account?

1 Like

Weirdly enough the other day I saw profiles were active on the TV app for Paramount, so I created some. But then when I saved them the whole option disappeared and I can’t see or find them at all now. Maybe a sign of things to come?

1 Like

Yes.

Anyone know the deal with when new films land on Paramount+ locally?

In the US the window from cinema to Paramount+ is 45 days - Disney generally follow this route locally as well.

There have been films like Scream (2022) as one example which is available in the US but not in AU with no indication as to when it will land.

A sneak peek of All Star Shore will air during the MTV Movie & TV Awards: Unscripted, which premieres on MTV on Monday (June 6) at 11.55am AEST, following the live telecast of 2022 MTV Movie & TV Awards. MTV Movie & TV Awards: Unscripted will be repeated at 10pm AEST on the same day.

1 Like

6 Festivals will have its world premiere at the Sydney Film Festival this Friday, June 10.
https://www.sff.org.au/program/browse/6-festivals

Three teen besties go to extremes to attend six music festivals

They got triple vaccinated .

2 Likes

6 Festivals Film To Rock The Big Screen.

Paramount+’s Aussie Coming-Of-Age Film World Premiere At The Sydney Film Festival.

In Selected Cinemas from August 11. Coming Soon to Paramount+.

Paramount+ is delighted to announce its first locally commissioned feature film 6 Festivals will make its world debut at the Sydney Film Festival this Friday, 10 June, ahead of its premiere on Paramount+ later this year.

Written and directed by award-winning director and producer Macario de Souza ( Bra Boys , Fighting Fear ), aka recording artist Kid Mac, 6 Festivals tells the story of three best friends as they bucket-list six music festivals over six months.

6 Festivals will also rock a soundtrack of some of the hottest Australian music acts, some of whom will feature in cameo appearances (as themselves), including Dune Rats, G Flip, Bliss n Eso, B Wise, Peking Duk, Ruby Fields, Jerome Farah, Kobie Dee and more.

Daniel Monaghan, SVP Content & Programming is thrilled that this uniquely Australian story will be previewed on the big screen ahead of its global digital subscription video streaming service.

Daniel said: “We are incredibly excited that Paramount+ can continue to showcase and champion such authentic and quintessential Australian stories. This relatable story set amongst our own vibrant live music scene will no doubt resonate with audiences for years to come.”

Angourie Rice And Gaten Mataraz Star In Honor Society

Paramount+ Original Film Premieres Exclusively On Paramount+ On Saturday, 30 July.

Upcoming bold, comedy Honor Society, will exclusively premiere on Paramount+ on Saturday, 30 July.

Starring Angourie Rice ( Mare of Easttown ) and Gaten Matarazzo ( Stranger Things ), the hilarious, edgy coming-of-age comedy explores the costs and rewards of being a tenaciously ambitious young woman in the modern world. The cast also includes Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Armani Jackson, Amy Keum and Ben Jackson Walker.

“We are thrilled to build on our recent success with compelling YA content and partner with Awesomeness Films to bring HONOR SOCIETY’s bold story of ambition and empowerment to Paramount+ this summer,” said Tanya Giles, chief programming officer, Paramount Streaming.

Produced by Awesomeness Films, Honor Society follows Honor (Angourie Rice), an ambitious high school senior whose sole focus is getting into Harvard, assuming she can first score the coveted recommendation from her guidance counsellor, Mr. Calvin (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). Willing to do whatever it takes, Honor concocts a Machiavellian plan to take down her top three student competitors, until things take a turn when she unexpectedly falls for her biggest competition, Michael (Gaten Matarazzo).

Honor Society is directed by Oran Zegman, with screenplay by David A. Goodman. The film is produced by Michael Lewen and executive produced by Syrinthia Studer, Ron French and Don Dunn. Development of the film at Awesomeness is overseen by Fred D. Lee.

I think the code behind this is:
up50percent

As someone who had let their subscription lapse a while ago, I managed to use the code and scored the half price offer

2 Likes
1 Like

Owen Wilson Stars In Family Superhero Film, Secret Headquarters.

Paramount+ Original Film Secret Headquarters. Premieres Exclusively On Paramount+ This August.

Paramount+ today announced that its upcoming secret superhero original film Secret Headquarters , starring Owen Wilson, will exclusively premiere on the service this August.

Produced by Paramount Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films, the heart-warming and action-packed family superhero film also stars Walker Scobell ( The Adam Project ), Jesse Williams ( Grey’s Anatomy ), Keith L. Williams ( Good Boys ), Momona Tamada ( The Baby-Sitters Club ), Abby James Witherspoon ( Hot Pursuit ) and Michael Peña ( NARCOS: Mexico ).

While hanging out after school, Charlie and his friends discover the headquarters of the world’s most powerful superhero hidden beneath his home. When villains attack, they must team up to defend the headquarters and save the world.

Secret Headquarters is directed by Henry Joost ( Project Power, Nerve, Catfish ) and Ariel Schulman ( Project Power, Nerve, Catfish ), with story by Christopher Yost and screenplay by Christopher Yost, Josh Koenigsberg, Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman. The film is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Chad Oman, and executive produced by Scott Lumpkin and Orlee-Rose Strauss.

I thought with Beavis and Butthead Do The Universe movie coming on June 23 the service would have the animated series which isn’t available anywhere unless you buy it ?

They have the 1996 first movie though.

I don’t know if you can just start watching the first movie having never seen the animated series . I’m sure you have to have seen the animated series first yet it isn’t available anywhere other than to buy .

I vaguely remember Stan may have had the animated series a few years ago.

The animated series is being added with the new movie from what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can login to paramount via a web browser on PC? Every time I try it’s the US site and it won’t login as I’m subscribed via apple…

yes you can. make its the parmount + australia site

Just saw the tail end of a P+ promo with The secret she keeps season 2 coming soon.

I thought that was coming to 10 but looks like the first run will be on P+.

A real shame if FTA audiences are again missing out on seeing this content first run, audiences have already waited long enough for S2 and will potentially longer now if it’s airing on P+ first.

No wonder FTA is dying with tactics like this, loyal audiences are not being rewarded and driven elsewhere. They need to find a good balance of first run content across both platforms with the opportunity to leverage from the other.

This post misses the mark.

Nowhere in the world do consumers want to watch premium first run drama at locked in times on FTA with ads. Viewers have sent that message loud and clear.

Media companies are responding and putting the content where and how people want to watch it.

4 Likes