Nickelodeon (formerly 10Shake)

Disappointing to see nick@nite having nothing to do with its original format. Even the states have kept the format going all these years later.

1 Like

Definitely better than Shake’s previous lineup of endless MTV Cribs, Workaholics. A bit bummed about the fact it is still mostly The Middle, and Graham Norton, and not similar to the US nick@nite as you have stated.

1 Like

Looks like I was incorrect, the states dumped the Nick@nite as we know it for its own channel. Still, no reason why 10 couldn’t do a better job of night programming.

2 Likes

Taken from wiki:

In Australia and New Zealand, Nick at Nite aired from October 23, 1995 until July/August 2000. It shared the same channel as Nickelodeon broadcasting from 8pm until 6am on weeknights and 10pm until 6am on weekends. Shows included Get Smart, Sanford and Son, The Courtship of Eddie’s Father, The Fugitive, Bonanza, The Prisoner, The Saint, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, Joe 90, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Flying Nun, Gilligan’s Island, Mister Ed, and The Bob Newhart Show.[1]

3 Likes

New daytime watermark and PRG

7 Likes

Secret Headquarters will have its FTA premiere tonight on Nickelodeon at 8.30pm.

1 Like

7 Likes

Something we missed last week

1 Like

I noticed in the evenings Nick at Nite are showing Disney/Touchstone/20th Century Studios films, I spotted While You Were Sleeping and Armageddon in recent weeks. Strange that a Paramount-owned channel are showing their main rivals’ programming. Will this mean more Disney programming for Nickelodeon, in particular those that were recently removed from Disney+?

2 Likes

American media companies aren’t like Australian networks and don’t have an unhealthy relationships with their rivals, especially in their international operations.

4 Likes

Australian Adventure-Comedy Series Rock Island Mysteries Returns For Season Two.

Bringing More Action, Drama And Mysteries To Unpack On Rock Island.

Season Two Premieres Monday, 25 September At 5.05pm On Nickelodeon And 10 Play.

Following the successful season one debut of 2022 AACTA-nominated series Rock Island Mysteries, the adventures are returning and this time there’s more action, more drama and even bigger mysteries!

Produced by Fremantle Australia and Nickelodeon International, Rock Island Mysteries will celebrate its Australian premiere with a double episode launch on Monday, 25 September at 5.05pm on Nickelodeon and 10 Play, with the series debuting to audiences across Nickelodeon’s international channels later this year.

Returning to the sun-drenched beaches and jungle-like hinterlands of Australia’s Gold Coast, season two will see Taylor (Alexa Curtis), Nori (Noah Akhigbe), Lila (Izellah Connelly), Meesha (Inessa Tan) and Ellis (Ryan Yeates) take on all new challenges in their biggest adventure yet. Armed with the knowledge that Taylor’s Uncle Charlie (Lucas Linehan) is trapped in another dimension, Taylor is more determined than ever to find a way to bring him home.

But life on Rock Island has never been more complicated and with an ominous life form threatening to destroy Rock Island forever, Taylor and her friends are in a race against time to outsmart new enemies and solve new mysteries in order to save their precious home.

Using their strength, smarts and sass, they’ll face everything from unpredictable visions, time-traveling devices and not-so-lucky charms to subterranean ice caves and a strange, indecipherable set of symbols that may just hold the answers to everything.

Rock Island Mysteries is produced by Series Producer Timothy Powell and Jonah Klein of Fremantle Australia. Returning Queensland key creatives include Directors Jovita O’Shaughnessy (Darby and Joan, Home and Away) and Evan Clarry (The Bureau of Magical Things , Mako Mermaids), as well as Script Producer Stephen Vagg, Director of Photography Andrew Conder and Casting Director Tom McSweeney.

Rock Island Mysteries is a Fremantle Australia production for Paramount Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and Nickelodeon International, with major production investment from Screen Australia and support from the Queensland Government through Screen Queensland’s Screen Finance program.

6 Likes

Am a week late, but it’s good to read (the above post) that Season Two of Rock Island Mysteries is returning to our screens.

Am glad that there is the odd new programming airing on Nickelodeon.

I was looking at the scheduling one night (in the wee hours of the morning) and it had all the shows on that I watched as a kid like Aaaah! Real Monsters, CatDog, Angry Beavers and Rocko’s Modern Life. Nothing like a bit of nostalgia and also awesome to see that some of the episodes are on 10Play. I’ve probably had access to these on Foxtel for years but honestly never really looked through the channel as it was hidden away on the kid’s menu.

Good to see it’s doing well so far. This direction for a multi-channel was a very smart move by 10.

8 Likes

Internationally, (Dora and the Fantastical Creatures) will stream day-and-date on Paramount+ and air on Nickelodeon channels in all markets where available.

2 Likes

I just noticed Nick is now running the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon from the 80s/90s. Great nostalgia hit.

6 Likes

I had this set up for recording on my Fetch box and it recorded two “behind the scenes” episodes of Nick News which screened on Friday: Ep 1a and 2a. They were 5mins long and featured a Nick News reporter asking the cast questions and the description of the show is: Rock Island Mysteries starts Monday 5.05pm. Check out this behind-the-scenes look now!

ETA: There was an Ep 3a on Saturday as well.

2 Likes

Promos for Nickelodeon must be slipping through for 10 (WIN) viewers - I saw someone ask why they didn’t have the channel on their television in one of the local Facebook groups.

3 Likes

10’s press release this morning mentions Friends and The Graham Norton Show for Nick@Nite, interesting move if the show is moving channels to prop up Nickelodeon next year.