Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Angela Neville Appointed General Manager, Brisbane.

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Angela Neville as General Manager, Brisbane, reporting to Chief Operating Officer Annabelle Herd.

Ms Neville was previously Network Ten’s Brisbane Commercial Manager. She first joined Network Ten in 1997 and has held several roles with the company, including Group Sales Manager and Brisbane Sales Director.

Ms Herd said: “I’m very pleased to announce this new role for Angela.

“For many years, Angela has been an integral part of the Ten team in Brisbane and nationally. She knows Ten, she knows Brisbane and South-East Queensland, and she knows what our viewers and business partners want.

“Brisbane and South-East Queensland is a very important market for Network Ten and the home of our award-winning children’s television production unit. We see a lot of potential for Ten in Queensland, and Angela will make a great leader in that market.”

Ms Neville said: “As a proud Queenslander, I am thrilled to take on the role of General Manager for Network Ten in Brisbane.

“We have an exceptional team at Ten in Queensland which I am honoured to lead. With our local commitment and expertise, we look forward to further enhancing our relationship with our business partners and the South-East Queensland community.”

4 Likes

Did Ten Brisbane have a General Manager?? I know they use to a couple of years ago.

A lot of these roles were centralizes to Sydney and Melbourne.

Rod Prosser was previously the General Manager for TVQ from 2014 until about Jun 2017.

They didn’t have one from June 2017 till now?

What about Adelaide and Perth?

Probably centralisation. Usually management are the first roles especially interstate that get cut back when there’s budget cuts…

Frank Filosi is GM Perth and Adelaide.

due to administration the head of finance was acting GM

1 Like

Encouraging. In particular that the profit margin will be diluted for Ten due the large investment in the new asset. Things look promising.

3 Likes

Also

More importantly, we’re setting ourselves up for the direct-to-consumer future with another vertical that is right in our wheelhouse. That is also the case with our Entertainment Tonight streaming service which will debut in the fall. There was a tremendous appetite in the marketplace for entertainment news and here again we’ll be taking advantage of our marquee brands and launching it on a new platform, where we can take advantage of better economics and bring in new viewers. Plus, we can use CBSN, CBS Sports HQ and ET to cross promote all of our direct-to-consumer services converting viewers on our ad-supported platforms into paying subscribers. There will be more news along these lines in the quarters ahead, as we continue to invest in our portfolio of streaming services as direct-to-consumer becomes a bigger part of our strategy. This includes tremendous potential of launching all of these OTT services around the world beginning in June when we expand All Access into Canada followed by Australia and then Europe and beyond as well.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4147461-cbs-cbs-ceo-leslie-moonves-q4-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript

Make no mistake, this acquisition was opportunistic and all about CBS All-Access.

If he want’s CBS All-Access to be a global name, how does that sit with Tenplay?

How does the streaming 24/7 CBS News and 24/7 CBS Sport sit with Australian viewers?

What compelling content will be offered from an Australian perspective?

Will titles such as Big Bang and 60 Minutes eventually have to move to Ten/Tenplay or quite possibly, CBS Australia / CBS All-Access?

Watch this space.

I’ve heard from insiders that CBS interactive have made major investments (in terms of personnel at least) in Australia.

Perhaps for the time being they will brand it simply as All Access in Australia so that it can work alongside the Ten television brand. We could see it run alongside Tenplay for a time before Tenplay is either retired or downsized to only include locally-produced shows that All Access does not cover.

1 Like

more probably it’ll be CBS All Access complete from the US and it’ll take over Tenplay’s infrastructure immediately on launch - I call September (US Fall)

6 Likes

Highly unlikely due to rights issues. Content will differ by necessity.

1 Like

CBS indicated in this week’s phone conference that they’ll take each region on a case by case basis and that existing content syndication relationships (ie. Stan, Netflix) will still be important $$ in the short term.

Presto failed despite backing from Foxtel and Seven. Nine and Fairfax’s Stan has survived mainly off the back of very good overseas content and some strong local original content.

I really doubt there’s enough room in the market for a third (or fourth if you count Amazon Prime) streaming service.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find their angle will be live streaming original content - 24/7 sports, news, entertainment news.

3 Likes

That could work. I’ve always wondered if Netflix would be interested in launching a news service. Nothing fancy - just a five minute ‘news summary’ similar to BBC One’s 8pm bulletin which can be updated once a day.

I figure it would be popular with people who have missed the news and are bingeing shows before bed.

Ten could do something like that for their service.

aware of that. I mean the service itself will be called CBS All access.

I hope someone will do an interactive news service. Have someone giving the headlines with a button to tell more (and to skip to the next story).

Why do it the old way?

4 Likes