Paramount Australia & New Zealand

I like that. Quick episode, but in detailed parts for those that want to know more

2 Likes

Isn’t that basically what happens on a news a website?

2 Likes

Yes websites do it but it’s a text based interface to select video content.

I’m meaning a video based interactive system - with some simple buttons for wanting more. Press green for more, press next to skip story.

But I don’t see how a “TV show” is necessary to make that happen. You can just have an interactive website to do that.

It works for me. I like the text interface.

But tv has a high proportion of lazy viewing, even on news. Creating a way to flow through stories just like surfing through channels would be appealing.

A heads-up CBS CEO Leslie Moonves will hold a Q&A 27th Feb 12:00 PT.

You can listen to the conference here: https://cc.talkpoint.com/morg007/022618a_as/?entity=43_IDMIBPV

Wednesday 7AM in Melbourne (AEDT)

Andrew McKinlay Appointed Network Sport Editor.

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Andrew McKinlay as Network Sport Editor, effective early April.

Mr McKinlay was previously the Editorial Manager/Chief Of Production at Fox Sports. He has been at Fox Sports since December 2011, during which time he worked on assignments including the coverage of Lance Armstrong’s doping confession, the passing of Muhammad Ali and both the London and Rio Olympic Games.

Before Fox Sports, Mr McKinlay worked at Network Ten from March 2010 to October 2011 as National Sports Editor.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey said: “I’m very pleased to welcome Andrew back to Network Ten and that he has agreed to take on such a key role in our News division.

“Local, national and international sport is a critically important part of our News coverage and we look forward to Andrew leading our already strong Sport News department.”

Mr McKinlay said: “It’s been a wonderful eight-year ride at Fox Sports. But these are exciting times to be joining Ten, with new ownership reinforcing the Network’s image as a top-gun player in News and Sport.

“I look forward to leading a team of news breakers in all sports, especially cricket, AFL, NRL, Rugby and Supercars.”

7 Likes

They’ve probably not have had a network editor of sport in the lean times so the signs are good.

3 Likes

what would a Network Sport Editor entail?

We’re a very long way from that.

9 Likes

Good to see they’re hiring again and expanding now that CBS are there and clearly there’s some investment happening as under investment would see CBS make huge losses from the asset.

3 Likes

Ross Dagan Appointed Network Director Of News Content.

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Ross Dagan to the new role of Network Director of News Content, effective early May 2018.

Mr Dagan will be responsible for Network Ten’s News content and operations across all distribution platforms, including TEN Eyewitness News First At Five and news content on ten daily, the new website that will launch this year.

He will report to Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey.

An experienced media industry executive with a strong record of leadership, achievement and innovation across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East, Queensland-born Mr Dagan is currently Executive Producer for News at Aljazeera English, based in Doha, Qatar.

Mr Dagan’s previous roles have included Director of News Brisbane and Seven Queensland at Seven Network; Head of News and Current Affairs at TVNZ; and Director of News Sydney and Brisbane at Network Ten.

Ms McGarvey said: “The appointment of Ross is the next step in the evolution of our News service and I am very pleased that someone with his Australian and global experience has agreed to join Network Ten.

“Network Ten has a very proud heritage in News, while CBS is one of the leading news organisations in the world. That combination underpins our commitment to building our News service.

“With more than 20 years’ experience in news, Ross has unique credentials, a proven track record and a reputation for leading change.
“He is the ideal person to lead and expand our News division,” she said.

Mr Dagan said: “Network Ten’s people are its greatest assets, many of whom I have had the privilege of working alongside before.

“I am looking forward to returning home to help them build on the strengths of Ten News across all platforms.

“The network is extraordinarily well-placed to look to the future of news and how we produce and deliver news, information and conversations that are most importantly credible, but also contemporary and engaging,” he said.

9 Likes

Replacing John Choueifate?

Correct, John’s resignation was announced about 2 weeks ago now.

Different title though, so they’ve changed rhe role rather than this one being incremental?

The only difference being the addition of the word content at the end, right?

Based on the press release I think it’s probably been done that way to encompass more than just the 5pm news, but also digital news such as ten daily as it mentions and probably any other news content from the network.

1 Like

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: tendaily

Andrew Jackson Appointed Head Of Government And Regulatory Affairs

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Andrew Jackson as Head of Government and Regulatory Affairs, effective immediately.

Mr Jackson will report to Network Ten Chief Operating Officer, Annabelle Herd.

Ms Herd said: “Andrew has a wealth of experience and achievement in the political, government, commercial and industry advocacy sectors and I am delighted to welcome him to Ten’s executive team.”

Mr Jackson has more than 25 years of government and regulatory experience in the private and public sectors, including 10 years at IBM in Australian and global roles.

He has also held senior roles in the Federal Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts and the Federal Department of Finance and Administration. For the past four years, he ran his own Singapore-based consulting firm, working with a range of multinational companies in Australia and Asia.

He lives in Canberra, so he might be based there rather than in Sydney. ?