Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Trans Tasman might work out but I can’t see Ten becoming any better if there are a whole bunch of Americans running it!

2 Likes

Yes. They need experts in the local market and not just try and replicate CBS in Australia, which wouldn’t work.

1 Like

Couldn’t do any worse than the current lot

That’s what you think. See 1989 and Bob Shanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I am only expecting a major shift in 2019. I think 2018 is pretty much set in concrete - I’m half expecting a “Love Is In The Air” promo to kick off their 4 love-themed shows next year (plus the Royal Wedding, which Lisa will most likely host?).

I can only see that happening if it was under Rob Mcknight’s control. seeing that TEN have never made a fuss about major news events, I cannot see TEN going all out on the Wedding.

I know that Ten would’ve had substantial coverage of the last Royal Wedding, but that was when they still had more than one news bulletin a day.

For the next one, they’ll probably say they’re providing viewers with alternative programing (even though we have multichannels that can be used for alternative programing these days :roll_eyes:) to the wedding coverage!

2 Likes

CBS will probably cover it on their streaming news channel CBSN, so Ten could just show that if they wanted to.

I can see Lisa & Carrie hosting The Wedding Project.

4 Likes

Carrie hosted the last one with Fitzy & Wippa.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/breaking-news/tens-creditors-get-payout-from-new-owner/news-story/c10df80ce2a4920ece630c2f1a818eea

Ten’s administrators KordaMentha said most creditors - including its content providers - will be paid 100 cents in the dollar, after CBS provided $40.6 million to fund a dividend.

"The viewers, advertisers, content partners and suppliers also helped the network get through a challenging period.

“And most of the creditors are now getting all their money back”.

For Gordon and Murdoch, hand over their share of the money in dollar coins.

For those two minor shareholders, give it to them in five cent pieces…

1 Like

Obviously had money left over in the budget when Tomic left the jungle early :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ten are currently hiring for a number of new positions, in total they have 15 different jobs available across the network.

These positions include roles in corporate communications, quality control analyst, systems engineer, executive producer for children’s TV, associate editor - social media, product manager, network stylists, regulatory affairs manager, legal counsel, data and insights manager and desktop support analysis as well as previously advertised ten daily positions and a newly created role for a producer to join the Studio 10 team.

It would seem that they’re making a significant investment in recruitment, either to bolster their current teams or to replace positions which needed filling but couldn’t under the hiring freeze that occurred during the administration process.

One of particular interest was for multiple Motion Graphic Designers, here’s an interesting excerpt from the ad:

Ten has recently become part of the global media company CBS. With plans to invest in local content and develop new online assets, Ten is currently seeking broadcast designers of all levels of experience to join the award-winning Promotions Design Department. You will work within a large creative team producing on-air promotions that market the Network’s programming and help define Ten’s branding.

Potential relaunch alert? I joke, but good to see they’re getting some fresh talent in there with some new ideas for advertising their shows.

8 Likes

Further to this, 3 new positions have just been added for a promotions producer, senior promotions producer & senior promotions director / producer.

Here’s hoping a new on air look is coming to Ten in 2018.

7 Likes

Neither less… its a positive that a lot of work is happening behind closed doors.

Can’t find any details, but there is currently legal action between broadcast transmission company TX Australia and its one-third owner Network Ten. There was a hearing yesterday morning and another scheduled on Friday morning.

More personnel changes at Ten, with corporate communications manager Rob Sharpe quitting to join online business lender Spotcap. It comes the day after John Choueifate resigned as executive director of news.

The more changes the better.

11 Likes

They are definitely clearing the house. Will be interesting to see if any of these vacancies are filled from the US.

3 Likes