Paramount Australia & New Zealand

I think you’ve missed @JBar being tongue-in-cheek here.

3 Likes

If he was I apologise to him, if not my words stand.

Yes. I was being sarcastic about Tracy’s comment, not yours. Every network only cares about maximising their ratings.

1 Like

Do we have any idea of the programming budget 10 has compared to Nine and Seven?

I am just throwing some numbers out here - but I feel Seven and Nine would spend 5x as much as 10 on news. Probably more than 5x as much on Sport - but “entertainment” programming - 10 and Nine and Seven spend about the same?

In the end - its the lack of spend on news and sport that keeps 10 down.

Sorry I had a Sheldon moment, I didn’t recognise sarcasm. :grinning:

1 Like

People criticise me for using too many emojis but I think this justifies me using them in future. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Especially for old people like me. ( Here comes an emoji). :joy:

4 Likes

Lmao

2 Likes

oh boy, can’t wait for the Daily Mail to use this tweet as even more “evidence” that the demise of the network is imminent :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Looking at the comments, I cannot believe how rude people are, hoping it shuts down. Many are saying “go woke, go broke”. If it is true, then it will be a sad day for the industry with 1000s of jobs cut. Hopefully it doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s the Melbourne station (ATV) that would close down its production arm and news department going by that tweet. Roving enterprises will be forced to move The Project to Sydney. Along with national news implemented across the network.

Very sad day if this eventuates.

same energy as:

17 Likes

It’s bonkers. Won’t happen.
Adelaide is getting its own bulletin so I doubt they’ll have scrapped it after making that announcement (hmmm but they have been oddly quiet for a few months now :thinking: )
If they were to keep state based bulletins I doubt Sydney would have the facilities to house so many simultaneous newscasts.

3 Likes

On another note… what’s happening with the Adelaide bulletin? Seems to have gone very quiet.

They wouldn’t keep them… it would go completely national.

1 Like

Kate is apparently on maternity leave still so thats probably the key factor. You’d think they’d have at least given a launch date though. Seems like they don’t even know whats happening right now.

I get that, but what I meant to say is that given they announced Adelaide’s bulletin, it would make the network seem like even more of a clusterf**k to un-launch it. A kick in the guts for Kate and Max too.

Things just seem off at the moment. Seems like they’re in cruse control until a final decision is coining from above.

1 Like

Last we heard was this from an article discussing Seven News Adelaide’s ratings:

It’s still unclear when Channel 10 – who announced in November it would bring back a local news presenter after axing its Adelaide service in August 2020 – will debut its line-up.

4 Likes

agreed, the PR would not be good whatsoever if they did cancel the launch.

Let’s just be optimistic about this situation - it’s 90% probably just speculation - surely Paramount isn’t THAT uninterested in 10 to pull out on its Melbourne production

1 Like

Hopefully there’s not too much substance to this rumour, Network-wide or State specific, though the tabloids will eat this all up, as they do.

In saying that, there hasn’t appeared to be a specific strategy for the Network laid out in comparison to Seven and Nine, and all the attention is mainly focused on building Paramount+, and 10 is more so tacked on.

Their futile attempts of securing the AFL and Cricket broadcast rights, and negative perception of their A-League coverage have not helped either.

Things do feel somewhat on auto-pilot currently.

2 Likes