Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Paramount Australia & New Zealand Announces Sydney Sales Director.

Paramount ANZ Sales Team Welcomes Kristian Waller.

Paramount Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) today announced that Kristian Waller will be joining its sales team as Sydney Sales Director, responsible for its sales and commercial activity in Sydney across Network 10, 10 Play and Paramount+.

Kristian joins Paramount ANZ from oOh! Media where he spent over seven years as Group Sales Leader and most recently, NSW Sales Director, Agency. Kristian will start with Paramount ANZ in August 2022, reporting to National Sales Director, Lisa Squillace.

Kristian said: “Paramount is a global juggernaut with a mountainous pipeline of content featuring some of the world’s most loved and iconic brands. I feel incredibly excited and privileged to be given this opportunity, working with such a fantastic team, and product, as the business seeks to evolve their offering and unlock its true potential for clients.”

Lisa said: “We’re thrilled to have Kristian join the Paramount ANZ team. Kristian is an experienced and passionate sales leader with a career spanning 19 years across a number of Australia’s most recognised and leading publishers. His experience and knowledge of the media landscape makes him the perfect candidate to lead our Sydney sales team and represent our Paramount brands. Kristian will bring a great perspective with him to this role and I’m looking forward to him joining our star line-up of sales leaders.”

The Sydney Sales Director announcement follows the appointment of Diane Ho to Director of Digital Sales in March 2022.

Some advertising across MediaWeek currently:

It’s been just over a year since the A-Leagues broadcast rights deal was announced. How has the first year been, and what is the future of monetising sport at Paramount?

It was a big year, because it’s the first time that we had bought the total rights for a code, and then use Paramount+ as an opportunity for football fans to view at any time.

What it also did for us was drive our membership base. Since the football began in September last year, we’ve added 1.23 million new members to our ecosystem, and of those, over 570,000 of them were men.

That is more subscribers then I thought they’d have all together.

1 Like

How many of them are people who got it via a club membership?

be interesting to compare to optus sport. EPL is a bigger draw than A-League but the midnight and 2am kick offs could be a disincentive

1 Like

I wonder if the Australian is trying to spook the AFL… now who owns the Australian again… :face_with_peeking_eye:

11 Likes

“In about 2 years”
When does the AFL deal start again? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Would cause all sorts of problems for the soccer broadcast if 10 and P+ are no longer linked

1 Like

I have to agree… but I (also) think its likely Paramount will offload its traditional linear platforms in the near future.

3 Likes

I also read a mainstream report a few months ago about Paramount shutting down CBS News

It seems they are only interested in streaming

2 Likes

Paramount has no plans to sell Network 10.

What a surprise that The Australian story is debunked.

13 Likes

Well it’s not like Paramount were about to confirm it were they?

5 Likes

Of course it’s misleading just like the news about Paramount leaving CBS in the States and shutting down CBS News and linear services.

2 Likes

All sorts of commercial, employee and shareholder sensitivities here - will take the denial at face value for now, but let’s revisit down the track.

7 Likes

It is also not unheard of News Corp running a campaign to damage rivals in the lead up to sports rights negotiations.

8 Likes

The Australian has turned into a disgusting rag! Who reads this shit? Just like Sky After Dark they make up their own news!

Terrestrial is dying and Paramount is going all-in on streaming. As others have said, this purchase was made under a previous CEO and the current team likely sees 10 as a stepping stone to streaming and little else. If Paramount+ has a sizeable Australian subscriber-base then they have no need for a TV network that barely rates.

Network 10 was already unsustainable, thus the original sale. It doesn’t seem like CBS’s infusion of money has fixed that. Why would they keep it around?