Paramount Australia & New Zealand

10’s new Adelaide office is on the southern edge of the CBD, across the road from the parklands surrounding the city.

The “studio space” will probably be no more than a TOSS, and maybe some space for newsroom crosses.

1 Like

60 staff in Adelaide - seems a lot - for a small station that doesn’t do a whole lot

Sales, Journalists, News Crews, Producers and a couple of managers. You’re probably right but who knows what else.

2 Likes

They’re differentiating between live crosses and studio and they also said earlier in the article something about “local programs”. Not sure what they are given they don’t even broadcast a local bulletin.

Local news return imminent? :joy:
Jesus talk about spin.

1 Like

Yes, on a main road in the suburb of Eastwood. Much less desirable than the Hutt St retail/restaurant precinct.

Could just be space for a couple of robo cameras in front of the newsroom.

1 Like

So then it’ll be Paramount Australia & New Zealand for us then.

With the impending renaming, will Paramount Pictures retain its own Sydney office (located at Surry Hills, next to the building which was used as the facade for Kitchen HQ in Seven’s My Kitchen Rules), or move into 10’s studios at Pyrmont?

Since they all have common ownership, I’d be surprised if that hadn’t already happening or was in the pipeline to happen regardless of the name change.

1 Like

Reported as 10’s new corporate name and logo.

5 Likes

You’re asking a question that none of us know lol

1 Like

Isn’t that just the 10 logo + P+? Wouldn’t the new corporate name be Paramount ANZ?

This was on the MediaWeek website, not sure of the authenticity:

1 Like

From August 2019

6 Likes

From Mediaweek

There has been no statement from 10 ViacomCBS in Australia, but it seems likely that the broadcaster will become known at 10 Paramount. A 10 spokesperson explained to Mediaweek that it is great to see all the company’s brands united under one brand, but within Australia individual brands won’t change initially.

1 Like

ViacomCBS always felt like a temporary name to show the obvious re-merger between the two companies.

Paramount is a more brand-friendly and globally recognised name: CBS is a strong American brand less so overseas, and most people probably don’t even know what Viacom is or means.

Also feels a bit like a return to the 90s :+1:

1 Like

I actually think this a much better brand across all groups. Much easier, especially in the Australian New Zealand market.

1 Like

Those of us of a certain age will be familiar with the name Viacom as the distributor of many classic US shows having seen the bright blue end boards featuring the big split V accompanied by the voice of doom during the end credits of shows like My Three Sons. I wasn’t aware of the extent of the company’s interests or history in the US until the big mergers and acquisitions they were involved in were being reported on websites at the turn of the century.

5 Likes