Optus Sport

Was trying to find some :joy:

3 Likes

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os47170/watch-dfb-pokal-australia-german-cup-optus-sport-details?setDevice=mobile

Optus have won the rights to the German cup competition, the DFB-Pokal!

3 Likes

Interesting announcement given this season’s DFB-Pokal has already completed its first round.

The deal means German football will be split across two Australian broadcasters, beIN (Bundesliga) and Optus (DFB-Pokal).

1 Like

Great get. No linear broadcaster in Australia over the last few years

1 Like

I notice that Optus Sport has added the full-time whistle to each of its Premier League highlights videos this weekend.

3 Likes

Optus Sport is proud to announce it will be broadcasting five women’s international friendlies in the lead up to the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ in Australia and New Zealand, starting with a massive double header between co-hosts New Zealand and reigning champions USA (on January 18 and 21).

In addition, Optus Sport will also broadcast three further New Zealand internationals live and exclusively in February … That starts with the visit of Portugal ahead of their play-off tournament for one of the final three places in Australia and New Zealand before another double header, this time against Argentina, who will feature in Group G of this winter’s showpiece event.

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os52032/optus-sport-new-zealand-vs-usa-friendlies-rights-announcement-broadcast

4 Likes

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os52323/optus-sport-secures-the-rights-to-supercoppa-italiana-ac-milan-internazionale

Optus Sport is proud to announce it will stream the 2023 Supercoppa Italiana between AC Milan and Internazionale exclusively live and on-demand, allowing Australian audiences to get a taste of one of the fiercest derbies in world football.

The Supercoppa Italiana pits the winner of Serie A, AC Milan, against the winner of the Coppa Italia, Internazionale, in a showpiece event being played in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at 6am (AEDT) on Thursday, January 19.

3 Likes

Optus Sport has regained the rights to the K-League after a 2 year absence. J-League from Japan and K-League from South Korea plus the EPL and LaLiga is plenty of football.

2 Likes

Plus the WSL, Women’s FA Cup, German Cup and Italian Super Cup alongside their International Football offerings.

2 Likes

It is a one-off, five-match deal for the 2022/23 season. It covers the fourth round clash between Chelsea and Arsenal, a quarter-final, both semi-finals and the final.
https://sport.optus.com.au/news/womens-fa-cup/os54051/womens-fa-cup-2023-five-games-how-to-watch-australia-details-preview-chelsea-arsenal

2 Likes
3 Likes

https://sport.optus.com.au/news/all/os56521/optus-sport-to-debut-premier-league-data-zone-this-weekend

Football fans’ Premier League viewing experience will be more enhanced than ever before with the launch of Premier League Data Zone on Optus Sport.

Data Zone is an enhanced data-driven viewing experience for fans featuring live on-screen statistics and real-time player tracking.

The streaming option, available alongside the usual broadcast, features an L-bar surrounding the match with on-pitch graphics to give viewers an abundance of statistical insights on demand.

These include:

• Real-time team and player statistics including passing accuracy, touches, sprints, total distance travelled, dribbles, opponents bypassed and more

• A live player movement tracker

• Player name graphics of whoever is in possession of the ball

• Real-time on-pitch shot speed graphics

The Premier League Data Zone will debut on Optus Sport with Tottenham’s trip to St James’ Park to face Newcastle United in a crucial game in the battle for the top four at 11pm on Sunday, 23 April (AEST).

3 Likes

Hmm me thinking have to subscribe to optus sport now that im a customer :thinking: for premier league and this.

1 Like

I saw Optus Sport in a venue last night and noticed that the feed in the venue had a lower-left beer glass watermark instead of the ‘Yes’ watermark which is standard on the consumer feed.

I suppose having different bugs makes it slightly easier to ensure venues aren’t using personal subscriptions, and narrow down where pirated feeds are being sourced from.

6 Likes

Yep. Very common in the UK.

3 Likes

And here with Fox. (Speaking of Fox they seem to have a venue subscription to record their vision from: at least on FSN I see the beer watermark)

1 Like

If they were smart, they’d sell that space to a beer company. :rofl:

1 Like

I believe it might be tied to a business subscription - I stayed at a Hotel recently that had the pub version of the sports channels

2 Likes

is it a different feed or the same feed with a different bug? advertisers might be interested if they were advertsing only in venues - companies like keno, beer companies etc could tailor a message if the audiance is already in a venue

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the beer watermark in any venues on FS channels I have seen it on Optus Sport when I was a subscriber. They must have been stuffing up the feeds regularly so the beer glass was always poping up.