Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted to You

Sunday nights are typically the highest rating nights of the week, isn’t that why all the other miniseries aired on Sunday nights? I don’t think Seven have any other choice. They chose to promote this Olivia miniseries to air during the same period that The Voice is airing on Nine so it’s just going to clash and Seven may have to pay the consequences.

New promo aired tonight during My Kitchen Rules. Even Delta herself liked it!

That should be a fascinating period. He was presumed missing, drowned. But later NBC claimed to find him alive amid accusations he had faked his death.

Olivia Newton-John has spoken for the first time about the mini-series. In the May issue of Australian Women’s Weekly which hits the stores today, Olivia said she was “horrified” when she was told Seven would make a mini-series about her (confirming reports in Woman’s Day over the past year basically) and said she would not watch it when it airs on TV. However she was OK with Delta Goodrem starring in the two-part biopic. Olivia said in the interview:

I think she’s (Delta) a really good actress and a great singer so that made it okay, because we’re friends.
In the beginning she called me and asked, ‘Shall I do it or not?’ First I said, ‘I’m not sure,’ and then I said, ‘Oh you do it’.

2 Likes

It appears as though this will premiere on Sunday 13 May, according to the long term guides which indicate a 2 hour TBA at 8:30.

Or it could just be an umpteenth re-run of Pretty Woman.

Taking the piss and keeping rivals guessing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 13 is Mother’s Day isn’t it? People prefer to spend more time with family than watching TV on this day. Not sure if Seven can buck the trend.

Didnt someone say HYBPA is supposed to premiere on Mothers day as well? There will also be Masterchef and the Eurovision final on that day. Quite a bit of competition.

1 Like

Well Seven can’t keep viewers waiting too much longer!! They promised it pretty much right after the Commonwealth Games so it has to come soon or else people may start to get annoyed.

Delta spoke to Hit105’s Stav, Abby and Matt yesterday and said she was given a blessing by ONJ to take on the role.

Olivia’s been in my life a long - actually, throughout my life. We’ve written songs together, we’ve done duets, we’ve had a lot of performances so she’s a real mentor,’ she told the radio personalities.
So it was a joint decision for me to do it with her.

(Strangely, there was no audio of the interview on the show’s podcast)

1 Like

Delta has just posted online that the soundtrack album will be released on May 11, which means an airdate for the mini-series should be revealed soon.

Maybe this does suggest that I was right?

Since The Voice knockout rounds finish at 8:45 (if there is no over-run) how would that affect any “no compete” agreement that there might be re Delta?

1 Like

Was that ever proven to be true? it seemed like it was only hearsay.

2 Likes

Sunday week 8.30pm according to the promo tonight.

The promo aired in Melbourne tonight at the end of final ad break of My Kitchen Rules.
This is the worst outcome for Delta fans because it overlaps with last 30 minutes of The Voice battles (usually two hours). There will be lots of switching during ad breaks. It will also compete against Eurovision Song Contest and MasterChef.

2 Likes

Seeing The Voice is dropping fast this year, maybe Nine should shift it away from Sunday to save it.

1 Like

The Voice’s Sunday episodes are its best performing. All over one million so far.

Surely most Delta Goodrem fans would have access to PVRs and/or the internet so they can watch one (or both) of the programs at a later time?

5 Likes

I said that and someone told me to please think of the dinosaurs. Never fear, Nine will encore the Voice I’m sure or people with DVD players can buy Olivia after broadcast.