Oh no, not that song again!

More tunes that Triple M. continue to flog:
Dire Straits, “Lady Writer”
Van Halen, “Jump”
:confused:

2 Likes

Karen_Cee is Triple M Brisbane turning into a “Greatest/Classic Hits from the 70s to now” format like the regional Triple M’s?

I think they might be .They are still targeting males under 50 though.Don’t chicks listen to rock music too?

5 Likes

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off / Blank Space
(She’s got plenty of newer songs, but commercial radio insists on playing these two hits over and over and over…)

Plus two auto-tuned gems that were annoying from the moment I first heard them:
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

4 Likes

Some overflogged songs which irritate me, some of which have already been mentioned:
I Touch Myself - Divinyls
Come On Eileen - Dexy’s Midnight Runners
You Don’t Treat Me No Good - Sonia Dada
Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
New Sensation - INXS
Onion Skin - Boom Crash Opera

2 Likes

Agree 100% with all of those. Particularly New Sensation.

3 Likes

“Come On Eileen” is probably the most overflogged of those songs to my ears. Probably because WSFM plays it all the time :smile:

4 Likes

Melbourne sister station Gold 104.3 overplays all of the ones I mentioned. Come On Eileen actually makes me change the station every time.

And a couple I forgot:
Mickey - Toni Basil
Shotgun - George Ezra (a more modern one)

5 Likes

More songs which are irritating me lately:

You Give Love A Bad Name - Bon Jovi (getting flogged becuase they’re touring Australia)
Summer Of '69 - Bryan Adams (also touring next year)
Straight Lines - Silverchair (so many better songs from them than this piece of rubbish)
Jack And Diane - John Mellencamp (you can also had Hurts So Good as well)

3 Likes

I totally agree. I can’t understand why radio stations in Australia flog this piece of shit of a song. Silverchair had so many other good songs.

2 Likes

Personally, I think “Reflections Of A Sound” is a better song off that album, but maybe that’s just me :man_shrugging:

The Triple M metros used to flog the guts out of “Tomorrow”, so not even the classics are safe.

1 Like

Run To Paradise - The Choirboys

Even though I like this song, it’s been getting played an awful lot lately.

1 Like

Not just you, I think the same and I really wish it got played more on radio.
I would take ANY other Silverchair song over Straight Lines.

2 Likes

The last time I heard it get regular airplay was when the Hot 30 Countdown was still running on the Today Network, so probably 10-11 years ago now

2 Likes

It’s funny you should say that, because Triple M Sydney played “Tomorrow” just after 3pm this afternoon and I’ve heard it quite a number of times on the station over the past few months.

Anyway, I agree with everyone in regards to “Straight Lines”. It’s incredibly overrated and songs such as “Freak”, “Ana’s Song” and “Anthem For The Year 2000” deserve to have much more airplay on the radio.

6 Likes

Agree with all of these songs,Triple M continue to flog all of them👎

2 Likes

Agree with those three! I’m also a big fan of Cemetery.

2 Likes

I know I’m in the minority here, but I still prefer “Straight Lines” to most of their other stuff.

“The Greatest View” is another of theirs that I particularly like.

I am so over George Ezra - Shot gun… If i had a shotgun I would shot my radio when it comes on!

12 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! I had turn the radio off before when it come on, such an AWFUL song!