Oh no, not that song again!

Discussion of annoying, often repeated songs from the radio. Continuing discussion from Oh no, not that song again!

This morning in the car, I heard Ocean Drive by Duke Dumont on Sea FM and Gold FM Gold Coast at the same time, and because of networking it was also playing on Mix FM and Sea FM Sunshine Coast - so 4 stations simultaneously.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait until Mix FM go back to their own playlist! The network list over summer is rubbish! So much so Iā€™ve flicked over to Triple M.

Muse - Mercy on Triple M Melbourne. So many better tracks than this one.

Every song/current hit Iā€™ve heard on Hit 105 during the last week!:-1:Iā€™m so over hearing the same hits/songs every 3 hours

That remake of Tracy Chapmanā€™s 1988 hit, "Fast Car "(donā€™t know who sings it ) give me the original version any day!

1 Like

Jonas Blue and itā€™s an abomination. I reach for the tune button every time it comes on, every second hour. :stuck_out_tongue:

All the remakes being played on radio are shadows of the originals and remixed to a pale imitation.

I agree about the remakes. There are only 2 remakes in the history of the world (well, in my world) that were WAY better than the originals:

Always Something There to Remind Me / Naked Eyes
Suspicious Minds / Fine Young Cannibals

Just my humble opinion :slight_smile:

there are two versions out.

Jonas Blue and Tobtok featuring River.

I think there were others that I considered better but usually they arenā€™t. The current ones are especially bad.
Fast Car, Ainā€™t Nobody, The Fix (Sexual Healing), Steal My Sunshine, The Boy Is Mine. Too many bad ones.

Cutting Crew " I Just Died in Your Arms":neutral_face:

@ Karen_Cee Oh no! For me that one belongs in the ā€˜great songsā€™ threadā€¦ :slightly_smiling:
I know it getā€™s overplayed a bit but Iā€™m never sick of itā€¦ lol

I know that these tracks were posted in the old thread but these tracks still get me saying the title of this thread, in part because certain radio stations play them too much!

*Give A Little Bit - Supertramp
*While You See A Chance - Steve Winwood
*My Life - Billy Joel

As for Always Something There To Remind Me (as Brianc68 was talking about), I actually prefer the original by Sandie Shaw over the Naked Eyes remake!

The Divinyls, "I Touch Myself":angry:

3 Likes

ā€œStressed Outā€ by Twenty One Pilots.

7 Years Lucas Graham on repeat ever 2-3 hours on Nova, 2day / Sea Fm

1 Like

Sadly thatā€™s the state of commercial radio these days. I listen at Breakfast and I hear a handful of songs. I listen to Drive on my way home and I hear the same songs. I go to the gym later and hear them again. Two hours later, on the way home, same again. Same, same, same, same.

2 Likes

Bachelor Girl,ā€œBuses and Trainsā€

1 Like

I just got back from a few days in Townsville. Hereā€™s a few from 4TO Iā€™d rather not hear again:

Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
Goanna - Solid Rock
Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
Hozier - Take Me To Church

1 Like

Oh yes, the first two are high rotation favourites of WSFM here in Sydney and probably most other Classic Hits-formatted stations around the country as well.