Offspring

Posted on the @ten_insider Instagram last week:

2 Likes

###Offspring Season 7 Starts Production.

Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

Network Ten is thrilled to announce the highly-anticipated seventh season of the much-loved, iconic and ground-breaking local drama series Offspring has started production in Melbourne.

Returning for another round of loveable Proudman family chaos, Asher Keddie and Kat Stewart reprise their roles as sisters Nina and Billie Proudman.

Season seven of Offspring picks up just weeks after the season six finale. Nina is navigating the complexities of a new relationship with Harry (Alexander England) and the emotional needs of three-year-old Zoe (Isabella Monaghan); managing the demands of a hospital as Acting Head of Obstetrics while waiting for Clegg (Lachy Hulme) and Cherie (Deborah Mailman) to return from the outback; and, as always, trying to keep her cool amidst the chaos of the wider Proudman clan.

And chaotic it is: while Billie tries to focus on Brody (Shannon Berry) and her newborn, the difficulty of her long-distance marriage becomes increasingly harder to ignore. Jimmy (Rick Davies) and Zara’s (Jane Harber) relationship is under pressure, things are getting serious for Will (TJ Power) and Kerry (Ash Ricardo), and family matriarch Geraldine (Linda Cropper) has some surprises of her own.

Network Ten Head of Drama, Rick Maier, said: “This may be the toughest year yet for Nina, Billie and Jimmy, with every relationship under pressure. But the Proudmans are a sturdy bunch and watching them sort out the chaos is all part of the fun. The scripts are fantastic, the cast is ready and we’re all looking forward to another compelling season of our favourite show.”

Producer, Endemol Shine Banks, Imogen Banks, said: “It’s a pleasure to jump back into theworld of Offspring. The gang is in fine form and this season promises to see loyal fans very happy. Expect all the excitement and confusion of Nina exploring new love with Harry; the chaos and drama of Billie making unexpected life decisions; and the inevitable joy and shenanigans that come from being part of the Proudman clan.”

1 Like

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/eddie-perfect-drops-a-bombshell-as-he-sets-his-sights-on-broadway/news-story/6f7051691d4adc660ea9699b060442cf

Exclusively chatting to news.com.au Perfect reveals that he won’t be returning for the next season of the show.

1 Like

He wasn’t in it much last season anyway. I guess it opens up the storylines for Billie going forward.

Sad, but not a big surprise.

When is Gary McDonald returning? He just disappeared after season 5!

McDonald gave an outstanding performance in “The Killing of Caroline Byrne” telemovie on Ten in 2009.

‘Returning soon’

5 Likes

Ten/MCN said Offspring averaged over 1m (metro) last year & the first ep had 1.21m (metro.

Obviously they’ve used 28 day consolidated, but have they also added VPM @TV.Cynic?

It says exactly that in the small print.

1 Like

Okay thanks

First Look promo, I’d say it’ll start on Wednesday 28th June.

The graphics look like a lighter colour to those used for This Is Us.

2 Likes

What? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

That’s weird, no idea why it’s doing that :thinking:

Offspring First Look airing tonight.

6 Likes

Even though the last season was a lot weaker than previous seasons I am really looking forward to the new season. Pity I will be away. Must PVR it.

1 Like

It looks as though this season will be a lot stronger - has feeling of the past Offspring vibe?

1 Like

My feeling is that season 5 was probably the best one so far? Interested to hear what you guys think.

I thought Season 4 was the best, closely followed by 5. Six was a real miss up until the last few episodes. Hopefully 7 hits the ground running.

1 Like

###A First Look At Offspring Season Seven.

Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

The highly-anticipated seventh season of the much-loved, iconic Australian drama series Offspring will return soon on TEN and WIN Network.

This season sees the Proudmans delve into new and uncharted territory, with all of the chaos, fun and romance that audiences have come to love.

Only a few weeks on from the events of season six, we find obstetrician Nina Proudman (Asher Keddie) balancing the complexities of her new romance with crisis and culture consultant Harry Crewe (Alexander England), with the needs of her increasingly curious daughter Zoe (Isabella Monaghan) and the demands of her new role as Acting Head of Obstetrics at St Francis Hospital.

With her relationship with Harry moving quickly, Nina is thrown head-first into a world of difficult decisions, as she navigates the beginning of a new relationship with the complexities of parenting Zoe.
Nina and Harry’s relationship will be tested when Harry’s family turns out to give the Proudmans a run for their money in terms of boisterous interference and Nina’s fears of letting her daughter love Harry will be pulled into sharp focus.
Billie (Kat Stewart) is focused on being guardian to teenager Brody (Shannon Berry) and her newborn baby. But as the difficulty of her long-distance marriage with Mick becomes impossible to ignore, Billie will have to make major decisions about her romantic future.

Ahead of the new episodes, Network Ten is giving viewers the opportunity to catch up on the entire sixth season of Offspring exclusive and free on tenplay. All 10 episodes are now available on demand via www.tenplay.com.au/offspring.

1 Like

I agree I liked Season 4

1 Like

Offspring begins June 28

www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/channel-10-announces-when-season-seven-of-offspring-will-start/news-story/aebb103ecf063e02180767397adfa046