Offspring

I know it maximises share for Ch 10 (which is a bonus), but pushing Offspring to 9pm or 9:15pm start times now due to The Bachelor…

May affect ratings now.

It could be getting 900k from now (give or take), but may have to settle for 800k-ish (due to no longer starting at 8:30pm-ish).

Thoughts?

You’re just stating the obvious again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I can understand Offspring starting later tonight due to the launch. What I can’t understand is that it is starting at 9:00 next week as well. They should have looked at extending the Thursday episode rather than the Wednesday episode.

2 Likes

To avoid the first episode back of Gruen?

I wasnt a big fan of the cross promotion with the project. It was just a way to promote other ten shows. Even the photos of other programs in the background. Just keep the shows seperate.

Those photo’s are actually there in real life though. The only thing that felt off to me about it was the fact that Nina was live at the desk, usually those types of interviews are pre-recorded/via satellite. Was more dramatic for the show though I guess.

1 Like

Great episode :slight_smile: Best this year.

Powerful & emotional.

Best scenes were Nina in surgery & Billie’s birthday.

Shock at the end with Cherie proposing…

3 Likes

Interesting to see at least in WIN land there was an ad for Stan in the first ad break in relation to UnREAL.

1 Like

I know that but felt pushed.

I thought it was done really well. Ten has said previously that they’re committed to continuing Offspring well into the future, and for the show to remain viable whilst still retaining its quality, extra revenue must come from somewhere. Product placement has featured heavily, particularly with Uber, but has been extremely well integrated to the point that, if anything, it adds to the authenticity of the plot. Really smart moves so far to keep the show running smoothly in the long run.

1 Like

Also should be noted on WIN, they’re not airing the succeeding weeks promo (which is angering many on twitter). You can see it on Offspring’s twitter account.

Next week’s promo at the end of last night’s episode said “8:40pm”.

###Matt Le Nevez Back In Offspring.
Dr Patrick Reid Returns In Nina’s Fantasy.

Wednesday 24 August At 8.30pm. On TEN And WIN Network.

The love, laughter, emotion and chaos of Offspring will return to TEN after a two-week break on Wednesday, 24 August at 8.30pm.

This season viewers have seen the Proudman family cope with the death of father Darcy (John Waters) and the revelation they have a new half-brother Will Bowen (TJ Power).

Tonight’s episode saw Patrick Reid’s (Matt Le Nevez) ex-wife Jodie (Freya Stafford) contact Nina (Asher Keddie) with an unexpected offer to preserve Patrick’s sperm. Nina was left perplexed and with a heart-wrenching decision.

When Offspring returns in just two weeks, viewers can look forward to seeing the return of Dr Patrick in Nina’s fantasy as she grapples with her dilemma, a decision which could have a major impact on her relationship with sister Billie (Kat Stewart). What will Nina do?

Matt Le Nevez said: “I’ve been a huge fan of the show since before I joined and continue to be to this day. To step back onto their set and work with Asher again was an opportunity I could not pass up. The cast and crew feel like family to me and I was absolutely thrilled to be asked back.”

Warning - spoilers for Wednesday episode in article:

Lachy Hulme hints that Offspring will be back for a seventh season in 2017 as Ten’s hit show gets set for a wedding

LACHY Hulme has hinted that Offspring will be back in 2017 as his character Dr Martin Clegg gets married on tonight’s episode of the hit Channel 10 dramedy.

1 Like

It’s great for TV at the moment :slight_smile:

So much on at ~8:30pm (at least Wednesday).

Normally Offspring would be the only thing on…

BTW great ep tonight, hillarious!

1 Like

What the hell are you trying to say? :worried:

There is actually something to watch after 8:30pm, at least on Wednesday. Offspring, The Durrells and Married At First Sight.

Interesting move by Channel 9 to launch Doctor Doctor against the finale of Offspring on September 14th. They’re targeting the same audience.

This season of Offspring has been ordinary but last nights episode finally felt like the good old Offspring.

3 Likes

Channel 10 has announced that hit Asher Keddie dramedy Offspring will be back for a seventh season

IT’S official, Offspring will be back in 2017.

After months of speculation, Ten have finally revealed that the dramedy will return for its seventh season next year

The show, which stars Asher Keddie as obstetrician Nina Proudman, has been a ratings hit for Ten since it returned from a two-year break.

Offspring has averaged just over 1 million viewers (consolidated) per episode and so Ten has been quick to commission another 10 episodes.

8 Likes

Fingers crossed it hits the ground running. Offspring took a while to hit its’ stride this season.

4 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun says the seventh season is in pre-production with filming tipped to start at the end of this month.

2 Likes