Offspring

I watched the premiere on Tenplay last night. Really nice return episode, sets the season up quite well for some drama.
It felt like the same show that departed our screens two years ago. Nice to have it back.

2 Likes

I checked it out also, so far so good. Fans should be happy!

Great article on TV Tonight about the return and the process to revive

www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/06/happy-tears-for-offspring-return.html

2 Likes

“It’s really important for us that Offspring can live on beyond season 6, and we do have plans that this… will not be the last season of Offspring” -Beverley McGarvey

4 Likes

It was a huge risk bringing it back but after watching the first episode I thInk the two year break will do wonders for the show. There was a nice mix of familiarity and freshness to the episode. An awful lot happened which has set the rest of the season up well.

1 Like

Tonight was fantastic, a little surprised actually.

So great seeing all the characters & typical dialogue/scenes back.

Endemol Shine worked hard.

Some scene stealers and hillarious scenes.

I hope Gary McDonald and/or Eddie Perfect are coming back?

2 Likes

Agree with that. Was like slipping on a comfy pair of slippers. Very good and looks set to be a great season…was a great start!!!

1 Like

Great first episode. Great family secret bombshell.

2 Likes

Was it in native HD?

Channel Ten trying to get viewers to watch Offspring instead of State of Origin.

2 Likes

The first Offspring webisode spin off titled ‘The Caravan’ is now on tenplay, the episode is only 6 minutes long.

Welcome to The Caravan Clamouring for more Offspring? - Then step inside The Caravan, a series of exclusive Offspring webisodes you’ll only find on tenplay.

Jimmy has a slightly crazy dream. He also has a caravan. Jimmy carves out a parallel fantasy life within the caravan’s stationary, rusty shell. The webisodes invite us inside Jimmy’s caravan of delusion

Will Alexander England’s Offspring character, crisis manager Harry Crewe, be the new man in Nina Proudman’s life?

IT looks like Nina Proudman could have yet another man in her life. Channel 10 has announced that Alexander England has joined the cast of Offspring.

The former star of Wild Boys will play Harry Crewe, the new Crisis and Culture Manager at St Francis Hospital.

1 Like

Is this season going to be 13 eps again?

Ten this season.

1 Like

how do you know this that its 10 eps

The Project features in next weeks episode.

4 Likes

Hate to say it but this season of Offspring really hasn’t found its’ mojo. The new characters aren’t at all appealing.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, doesn’t have the same feel to it anymore. Hopefully it picks up soon.

Tonight’s ep was hillarious :joy:

My fav scenes were the family dinner & photo shoot at the hospital.

Nina was the scene stealer tonight.

Great to see Eddie Perfect back.

I also agree a bit, hopefully the episodes will get better (but great to see much of the same funny/feel-good/cheeky adult drama feel is there - credit to writers).

NEXT WEEK LOOKS MASSIVE! Hospital scandel, The Project features

2 Likes

I hope the ‘scandel’ or scandal isn’t too dramatic :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes